Best deal for a room with a view in Singapore?

Back to Forum

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  GivingupBA 16 Apr 2019
at 01:56

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Inquisitive
    Participant

If money is no consideration, then MBS is the best option.

Another brand new option if you are travelling after April 17. The Jewel that is one of a kind is opening on April 17. This is connected and part of Changi and has most modern shopping mall at airside. It also has a world tallest indoor waterfall. And a hotel inside (Yotel). Even if no reservation available you can book Crown Plaza at terminal 3 which is walkable or monorail can be taken.

Singapore tourism board offer free 4 hours Singapore tour for tourists.

So take some rest at hotel, take Singapore tour in the morning, experience Jewel and take off.

w8ster
    Participant

Thank you all for your suggestions. All extremely helpful and informative. I ended up booking Swissotel Stamford Premier Harbour View room for few reasons. I am only a classic member with Le Club so it will be what it is.

1. that appears to be the closest to a guarantee I can get for a view that I wish.
    2. got annoyed with the booking agent’s patchy responses at Conrad.
    3. For such a short amount of time, Swissotel seems to offer the best value for money.

Will try to report back 😉

Squalorqueen
    Participant

Good choice to go for the Stamford, but do make sure you are given a full harbour view room.
    We were initially given an end room with only a tiny area of harbour to be seen. Within a minute we were at the desk to complain and then received keys to the high floor Executive Harbour View room which we had booked weeks before.
    Accept nothing less!

GivingupBA
    Participant

Good choice to go for the Stamford, but do make sure you are given a full harbour view room… We were initially given an end room with only a tiny area of harbour to be seen. Within a minute we were at the desk to complain and then received keys to the high floor Executive Harbour View room which we had booked weeks before… Accept nothing less!

The same thing happened to me just ONE of the times I checked in to the Swissotel Stamford – my harbour view was very partial and after entering the room and getting one glance out of the window, I went straight back to the check-in desk with my bags and told them. They immediately, and without any quibbling at all, gave me another room on the same floor but with a perfect harbour view (as they should – but they were quick, and apologetic about it – I give them points for that).

jamesmith
    Participant

Great I am coming in last of april to Singapore and i was looking for a hotels room thanks for sharing this information

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls