Be aware Oman Air scam you on the web

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• talparis
    Participant

On the web Oman Air offer a wide variety of tickets on sale right now, even though all their flights are canceled. Once you paid you are notified that the flight is suspended but the money has been cashed already. You are than directed to a mail address of the refund service that say that you will be answered within 15 days.
    After 15 days, when they neglect to mention that the answer will be an automated text which refuse any refund or credit, only change of date will be offered even though you might not need that route in the future.
    Be aware, that at this time when airlines and web agencies are starved for cash they will offer you the moon only to pocket your cash.
    Getting a refund will takes month if not refused flat out.
    Written from personal experience of 3 purchase in the past 10 days.

capetonianm
    Participant

First question : Are you using the Oman Air website : https://www.omanair.com/uk/en/ or some dodgy OLTA?

SimonS1
    Participant

Can you give some examples of flight dates/times that you purchased and were then suspended?

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=998982][/postquote]

I have to ask why you are buying tickets if you know that all flights are cancelled.

Are the flights originating in EU, or to EU?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

On the face of it this seems incorrect behaviour from Oman Air. However, like QE there will have to be a reckoning one day, when you have plane loads of pax all wanting to fly on tickets that have been paid for but the airline has spent the cash!

What equally disturbs me is the offer to rebook for free, provided the same fare is available!! Then to sweeten the blow of any increase a EUR 50 voucher is offered.

Some rum going ons if you ask me??

talparis
    Participant

There probably will not be same tarif ticket available and we will have to add more money. My point though is that I will never need that route in the future, I want refund or credit.

talparis
    Participant

Sure I am using the Oman air site and received PNR and ticket number all ligit. Thank you for taking me for an imbecile.

talparis
    Participant

Sure, AUH-MCT 01 AND 03 June and connecting to Europe.

talparis
    Participant

FaroFlayer please read my text “Once you paid you are notified that the flight is suspended” and it apply to all flights from and to EU.

capetonianm
    Participant

I’m not taking you for an imbecile at all (you said it, not I) but there are many many websites masquerading as genuine airline/hotel/car company websites, banks, etc. I know some highly intelligent and cautious people who have been caught out in this way.

If you don’t believe me, and you probably won’t because you seem to have gone into combat mode, look at this which comes up if you search for SA AIRLINK or BOOK SA AIRLINK. THen tell me who you think you would be booking with and paying.

SA Airlink Flights Bookings & Specials | SA Airlines
    http://www.sa-airlines.co.za › Airlink
    SA Airlink is an excellent choice for cheap flights to smaller towns and cities in SA. Be your own travel agent: Search, Compare & Save Now with!

When you investigate something you start with the basics.
    Car stopped while I was on the way to school.
    Could you have run out of fuel?
    No …. err ….. maybe.
    Diagnosis … car ran out of fuel.

It’s not taking someone as an imbecile, it’s starting with basics and working up from there.

6 users thanked author for this post.

talparis
    Participant

capetonianm, Thanks for your input but I used the right site and did not do a search as I used it many time befor.
    For your info and beside this point most airline sites will transfer you to their flight orgin site, uk for ex GB fr for ex FR and so on. Sorry if I gave you the notion that I am in “gone into combat mode” but often in this chat room people tend to put forward the obvious as a reply which is not helpful. And you are right we could be easly be mislead on the net.

1 user thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=999003][/postquote]

The only explanation I could offer is that the airline is implementing rolling cancellations 2 or 3 weeks out.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=999004][/postquote]

You said that you made 3 bookings in 10 days. If this happened with the first booking why make another 2 bookings?

talparis
    Participant

FaroFlayer. I did made a booking with Oman Air, when this one was canceled I made a booking with a travel agant for alternative flight different airline same route, which was cancel also. So I made a 3rd with yet another airline which was canceled also. Only thing is that the last 2 refunded me within a day, which is not the case with Oman air. Hope it is more clear to you now. Maybe I need to draw a picture.

talparis
    Participant

SimonS1, I want to draw attantion of the readers to the scam, not looking for an explanations. Especially not pointless explanation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Be aware Oman Air scam you on the web’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls