Be aware Oman Air scam you on the web

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

I have had excellent flights with Oman Air, but their booking system, and contacts are non existent in the UK.
    You get no responses or replies.
    I had return flights from the Far East to UK late last year, and one flight was changed. There were 3 flight sectors with stopovers, including a Qantas.
    Despite numerous communications with 2 Business Class singles paid, over 4 weeks of repeated messages, warnings of change of flights etc, i had to refer it to the Card issuer for a Chargeback on the Credit card.

I lost many days, and hours of pointless one way pro-active communications, robotic instant replies, i handed it completely over to them. Hours of sending photos and documentary evidence by email.

I also enquired via one of the Legal sites to claim compensation, however, starting in Australia, ending up in London, you are NOT Covered by an EU rights to refund.
    Oman Air is to be very wary of, as once you have paid from here, there is no contact, and no EU rights covered, as it is not an EU Carrier, Nor travelling from, to the UK, or purchase within, is covered.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=999023]Oman Air is to be very wary of, as once you have paid from here, there is no contact, and no EU rights covered, as it is not an EU Carrier, Nor travelling from, to the UK, or purchase within, is covered.[/quote]

You are covered if leaving from UK.

talparis
    Participant

MARCUSGB,
    I had amazing flights with Oman air for many years now luckily not many problems. But you are right, their customer service is terrible to say the least. However as they fly into EU they might be still under the EU261 regulations, I think, not sure.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=999002][/postquote]

talparis – Can I please request that you be polite to other posters in future. They are being polite and helpful to you. Thank you very much.

5 users thanked author for this post.

talparis
    Participant

GivingupBA
    I have been nothing but polite, but if critical comments to posts which you call helpful and I considered as nonsense and beside the point of this thread, than yes, I am guilty.
    I merely want people to be aware of this situation and do not seek help or advise which often is beside the point.
    Sorry if I offended your sensitive soul.

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

@talparis
    There is a very simple solution to your rather aggressively voiced concerns as to the quality of the responses to your posts and that is to not post here in the future.
    This board is used by some of the most knowledgeable and pleasant business travellers and while I cannot speak for others here in my view the tone of your posts is most unpleasent and out of place here.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Unfortunately, you are NOT covered if you book with a Non EU Airline, flying into the UK, certainly on Oman Airways.
    It is to be noted that our flights were One way from Australia back with stopovers and 2/3 sectors with Oman Air, into LHR.
    We checked and were rejected for claiming compensation by several established on line claim Co’s.

“Under EU law, you have significant rights on many flights to, from or within the European Union. This page will help you understand when the law applies and what you are entitled to if your flight doesn’t go as planned.

The law covers many flights to and from EU airports
    To be covered by EU law, your flight must be either:

departing from an EU airport and operated by any airline, or
    arriving at an EU airport and operated by an EU airline
    Under this law, EU airports also include those in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

If you book with one airline but fly with another (a ‘codeshare flight’) then it’s the nationality of the airline operating the flight that counts.”

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=999023]contacts are non existent in the UK.[/quote]

The airline no longer has a main office in Europe. The latter was previously located in The Netherlands.

Luchtvaart.nl reports [NL] that from June 2015 to September 2019 Oman Air’s European head office was at Schiphol airport.

The Schiphol office was opened by the then CEO who has now left the company.

Following more management changes it appears that further responsibility was transferred back to Muscat HQ.

Luchtvaart says “this is fully in line with Oman’s policy to create more jobs for the local population.”

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/categorie/2/airlines/oman-air-sluit-europees-hoofdkantoor-op-schiphol

talparis
    Participant

cwoodward,
    “Be aware Oman Air scam you on the web” is the subject of this thread. Notify the public was the point and not asking for advice or opinion, but merely to only discus this issue.
    Voiceing concerns as to the quality of the responses to my posts, is niether here nor there. Purely not intersting as well as your post.
    Deviating from the subject at hand and voicing opinion on how this forum should be, is also not part of this thread. I am sorry if I offended you and the most knowledgeable and pleasant business travellers you mentioned. However please concentrate on the subject of “Be aware Oman Air scam you on the web” and contribute valid comments only. Thank you.

capetonianm
    Participant

Oman Air 737 Business Class Review Colombo to Muscat

It looks like a pretty decent airline serving what sounds like a very interesting and pleasant destination.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you everyone, for obvious reasons this thread is now closed.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Be aware Oman Air scam you on the web’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls