BA’s Fleet-Cabins

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Thanks Potakas!

Gold-2K
    Participant

The link in Potakas post shows first A380 due for delivery in April 2012? I assume this info is out of date? Delivery pushed back to 2013 I think?

Potakas
    Participant

Correct Gold,

It is Q1 2013 (March)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Bangkok Post business section page B5 31 Jan 2012, reports that BA is commencing a 250 million Baht (5 million sterling) TV campaign to promote BA services.

Interesting that it quotes:

“BA along with its Partner Qantas” when Qantas are soon to pull out of the BKK-LON route

“The investment will see BA passengers benefiting from new aircraft” – so is this route being primed for the 380?

….”new World Traveller and World Traveller plus, a revamped First class” – so now we know that club world is not being updated.

more curiously, “significant improvements at London’s Gatwick airport” – surely not!

Finally, the BA spokesman, Mr Narayan confirms that BA “working on programmes aimed at attracting frequent flyers among Thailand’s small and medium sized enterprise sector”.

First thing he needs to look at is increasing staff numbers and training, so that cabin crew on the route know how to cater for Thai nationals, in terms of a softer and gentler approach.

One example I always notice is the overhead bins on BA are always slammed shut (BANG) by BA crew, whilst the Thai crews (on Thai) close by using the latch, which means they are not slammed shut, but closed quietly.

Good luck BA, I for one will be very proud to see a greater number of Thai’s using BA as BA will need to raise its game in terms of service and crew numbers if it is going to take a bigger market share.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Martyn

I hate it when the bins are slammed!

Also, BA crew (and some others, too) seem to imitate an elephant charging through the forest clearing, when walking up and down the aisles at night.

It is as if they have special shoes that concentrate the impact of the foot – reminds me of the spoof cop series ‘Sledgehammer’, when said cop is spotted screwing a large tube onto a .44 magnum.

‘Is that a silencer?’ asks a colleague, ‘No’, Sledge replies, ‘a loudener.

The cross cultural learning curve for northern Europeans, when faced with SE Asians is pretty steep. So maybe some education in the differences is a good idea, as the approach that might work very well with a Brit or German, could bomb with a Thai or Korean.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The noise of the herding elephants is caused by the lack of carpet padding which is to save costs and weight!

A very simple solution which would take an investment of precisely 30 minutes is to show cabin crew how to walk through cabins rather than stomp through! Its not exactly rocket science.

RichHI1
    Participant

For me the merger between BEA and BOAC never really happened. The BA longhaul product is not bad and very competitive in many markets. The shorthaul product is attrocious however so are most of the European competitors. I find it strange that the medicocrity of Club Europe and its competition is accepted. I guess the cost pressure from Corporate Bean Counters holds more sway than the passengers requirment for quality, the majoirty of premium cabin flights being corporately financed or reimbursed. It would interesting to read a forum aimed at Corproate Bean Counters, I suspect removal of first class, lounges, free alchohol and food would be high on their agenda just behind cheaper fares.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls