BA's appalling website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

I’ve noticed an increase in random error messages, recently, anyone else got something like this?

FaroFlyer
    Participant

I’ve noticed this also. Unable to manage or retrieve a booking for almost a week. I have not yet phoned as I hope they’ll fix it soon.

Swindoneric
    Participant

I’ve been receiving similar messages when trying to book redemption flights for a few days now. Not good.

christ
    Participant

It is hopeless as usually crashes when try and make a booking.

Drsimon
    Participant

ive been trying to book oz-uk trips for a week or so and there are no BA flights listed at all – only Qatar or Malaysian – hope they fix it soon!

capetonianm
    Participant

As I, and others, have said, it’s designed by work experience kids in Bangalore who’ve probably never been on a ‘plane, nor made a booking, nor understand what they are programming, who for, and why.

I am surprised that people are surprised when it doesn’t work. It’s not fit for purpose, and nor is the CEO, and it’s from there that the problems stem.

openfly
    Participant

Capetonianm….+1

handbag
    Participant

I find the Avios booking section is very difficult to manoeuvre. Previously I have always used the Avios site, which allows you to look and also see the cost much easier. Shame it is closing.

Montysaurus
    Participant

The website, even when working, is dreadful.

StephenLondon
    Participant

And there are continuing problems with online check-in with their phone app…keeps coming up as error, unable to check you in. Yet using a laptop, it goes right through. Skippy the Wonder IT lad brought in as a cost-saving hero by Alex Cruz must be off punting and will fix these things when he gets around to it. Very frustrating!

STORMIN'
    Participant

Just the other day, I attempted to book a long-haul Club World round trip on the BA website. After 3 attempts where I got an error message on each occasion, I gave up and booked with another airline

capetonianm
    Participant

Maybe this is why Alex Cruz isn’t going anywhere, he can’t make a booking on his own airline’s pathetic excuse for a website/app.

I do hope someone from BA reads these forums.

DiamondDad68
    Participant

I used to be BA Gold and always booked online but my travel pattern has changed significantly and I mostly fly economy shorthaul from LGW, LHR, STN or BHX. Without a doubt the BA website is the most painful and unreliable to use compared with Norwegian, Ryanair and Easyjet

GreenScot
    Participant

I agree the website is dire at the moment. I tried to submit a compensation claim for a delayed flight and it wouldn’t let me. I was suspicious of how this happened twice before I saw this thread. I have tried twice since and it has failed. I guess I have to revert to good old pen and paper when I get back to the UK. Also yesterday being able to submit a Golden Ticket had disappeared altogether and today it is back again. I work in Tech and if this was happening in my division for a consumer website heads would roll.

FCTraveller
    Participant

The website problem has been a disaster and apparently is due to an upgrade a couple months ago. In the Executive Club page, under My Flight Bookings which shows the first three, try clicking on View All Current Flight Bookings. This used to bring up a full list of all your bookings, but for the past two months it has returned an error message and there is no way to see all your bookings in one list. I reported this a month ago and received an acknowledgement, and it’s still not fixed. The worst problem is searching for award space on American Airlines. 90% of the time it simply says there is no availability even though you can clearly see Award Saver space on the AA website. I’ve just learnt from a US blogger that there seems to be a workaround, of sorts. Just keep toggling on the date back and forth to the day before or after and back to your preferred date. After doing this 10-20 times, suddenly the availability appears. I think the call centre are now aware of this and have their own workaround but for the first two weeks, they kept insisting there was no problem and there was just no availability. The whole thing is a FIASCO!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls