BAEC Gold email renewal letter – is a “Thank you” too much to ask?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

I recently received confirmation from BA that my Executive Club Status had been renewed. But I am asking too much for a word of thanks on their part?

There is no “Thank you for your loyalty” or “thank you for your support – we recognise you have a choice when flying with us and our partners” etc etc

Probably one of the lamest and most mediocre “marketing” letters I have received and think I get more gratitude from the utility companies I use or for when I renew a subscription!

I appreciate I am being somewhat pedantic (and there are far greater problems in the world) but do you think they should have shown a bit more warmth and appreciation?

FDOS
    Participant

Look at it from their view, you have just extended your consumption of their resources for another year and cost cutting is in their DNA.

You’re lucky they didn’t send you a list of all the drinks you’ve had in the lounges!!!!!!! You should be grateful to them 😉

3 users thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

FDOS – thank you for making me chuckle!

Indeed! And not getting an itemised bill for each buffet item, and indeed sachet of brown sugar for a cafe latte.

3 users thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

You are lucky!

I reached Gold renewal just before the end of the collection year (8 Jan for me). My final return flight, from Accra to London, was worth the 180 points I needed. Unfortunately, I booked the flight in WTP and then used some avois to upgrade the outward (overnight) flight to business. As a result, the system incorrectly converted the entire booking to an avois flight and awarded me 0 status points and avios.

I have now spoken at least 6 times to the Exec Club Gold and they agree with me that it was a cash booking and that I am entotled to the points (and the retention of my GC). One one call, they promised me that my GC would now be extended. However every time it goes through the system I get a mail repeating the claim that it was an avios booking and no points are owed.

As a result, I am now down to Silver card and my most recent flight, last week, has suffered the same fate with no points being allocated.

There is clearly a system problem which the humans on the phone fully acknowledge. But the facts and common sense do not seem to survive the encounter with BA systems and I am just going round in circles. Minus gold card, miinus 400 status points and minus many thousands of avois. As it stards, I am no nearer a resolution than I was when I raised the issue in December.

Thank you BA!

5 users thanked author for this post.

FinnKZ229
    Participant

Back in the Seventies I worked for a privately owned company. Each year the board would send to each member of staff a letter in which they itemised how much it had cost to employ them. This included – office space, electricity, heating, stationary, etc. Really made us feel appreciated.

Obviously no mention of how much of the turnover and profits that we had contributed to!

2 users thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

Was your employer Matthew & Son?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4pLNKb8j2U

GivingupBA
    Participant

Sparkyflier, you are not asking too much at all in my opinion. “Thank you” is an important and valuable message. No question that warning / advice signs with thank you at the bottom receive better responses and results.

1 user thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

I’ve been GFL ever since it was first introduced (how long ago was that?), and don’t remember getting a single letter/email since then. It just sits there; no updates, promos etc., but it remains a useful benefit when flying with OW carriers.

BugAdvisor
    Participant

After several years of BA Gold, I used mostly Avios to fly one year as I knew I wouldn’t keep it. Straight to Blue, do not pass Go, do not collect £200.

I had a BA holiday booked in Premium Economy, was able to cancel and lose £100. Booked TUI Premium Economy and it was so much better; fast track, lounge, two bathrooms instead of one, free seat selection, better food.

I’ve never looked back.

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

This intrigued to see what Lufthansa sent me when i renewed my Senator (Gold) status and indeed a thank you or a few sentences mean much. Yes LH ist still handing out physical cards but i remember getting an E-Mail beforehand too. The letter (roughly translated) goes sth like:

Dear Mr.

we are very pleased that you chose to fly with us the previous year and you continue to be a Senator among the frequent flyers.

Enclosed is your new card. You most certainly know the benefits that come with the status from your own experiences. An overview of your benefits can be found at all times on miles-and-more.com.

You can look forward to many pleasant trips.

See you soon on board with us.

Warm Regards

david
    Participant

It’s those small gestures that really make you feel appreciated, especially after sticking with a company like BA. A little “thank you” can go a long way in making you feel valued.

SimonS1
    Participant

It would be so easy to do – one of those simple wins that has a big impact with some people.

On the other hand I take these letters for what they are. A bit like when the cabin supervisor comes round and says thank you Mr…er…er…er…accompanied by rustling of manifest. All so fake.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

I don’t miss the renewal thank you letter, but I do miss the Gold card bag tags that came with the letter.

DerekVH
    Participant

You can request these via your Exec Club account – only still available for GOLD.

TominScotland
    Participant

BA may not say ‘Thank You’ but at least they apologise…

A message from British Airways about your flight to Glasgow

Booking Reference:

Dear TominScotland

We’re sorry for the delayed arrival into Glasgow. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked to minimise this. We understand any disruption to your travel plans can be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Despite the late arrival, we trust you were looked after by our crew on board and hope you had a pleasant flight.

We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

British Airways

I think this is the first time I have received one of these – delay because of small hatch door would not close to the satisfaction of the Captain or engineers. Kept us updated probably every 15 minutes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls