BA Voucher Offer

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

[postquote quote=994710][/postquote]
    For a straightforward round trip you probably wouldn’t.

If you wanted to book a multi city trip with your choice of carriers, surface segments, stopovers, mix of classes, it would be challenging and time consuming to do it on websites, and it would end up costing a considerable multiple of the fare that a TMC or competent agent could achieve. Something perhaps analogous to building a car from spare parts.

That is why the bottom end high street multiple agency chains formulaically selling package holidays, currency and cheap fares to Ryanair type destinations have largely disappeared. Good riddance, they free up the market for professionals.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ChrisJR
    Participant

TA can hold a flight for a period of time without a charge, so I often use this facility.

Out of interest, my wife and I have flights to Malta in May which has been cancelled by BA. I do not feel it is fair (reasonable) to ask BA for my money back during this time of crisis, even though I believe this is possible given BA cancelled. So I will opt for the vouchers. I am confident I will be able to use my voucher for business travel if nothing else in the next 12 months. However, not so sure about my wife. Does anyone know if BA will allow the booker (me) to use the voucher of a travel companion (i.e. my wife)?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Whilst I still think BA have more important things to do, IMHO the firm was better off not sending out the 6 month extension of vouchers. Its already available just by calling to request an extension… I have never been refused…

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls