BA Voucher Offer

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Ade999
    Participant

Hi

I’ve reached out to BA via twitter and not got anything backl. Booked a flight and hotel booking in the January sale. Looking at the website it says:
    “If your holiday includes a non-changeable hotel and/or experience product and you wish to make a date change or apply for a voucher, the value of your original flights will be credited towards this. The amount paid for your original non-changeable hotel and/or experience reservation will be forfeited”
    Does this mean we forfeit the hotel part if we ask for a voucher?

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=993900]Does this mean we forfeit the hotel part if we ask for a voucher?[/quote]

Well it says “The amount paid for your original non-changeable hotel and/or experience reservation will be forfeited” so I think that would be a correct reading of it.

Without further details (dates, location etc) it is hard to comment further but a call to your travel insurer might help.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

[postquote quote=993900][/postquote]

As SimonS1 has already said, without a whole lot more information it is difficult to offer any meaningful advice.

However, if you booked an ATOL package holiday with BA Holidays then there are certain legal safeguards in place.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Hi All

I booked through AMEX travel but want a BA voucher rather than refund. I assume the voucher will link to the ticket issued under BA ticket stock? Will the voucher match the fare paid to AMEX? If any travel industry members have any insight I’d be most grateful. It was a WT+ ticket.

Many thanks!

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

My understanding (and please don’t take this as gospel) is that the voucher / credit will be for the net fare, not the price that AMEX charged you. I’ve no idea how this will work in practise and, yes, I work in the (leisure) travel industry.

1 user thanked author for this post.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=993936]Will the voucher match the fare paid to AMEX[/quote]

BA confirmed they are only directly offering vouchers to bookings made with them. Travel agent bookings need to go through the agent but the BA credit is still offered subject to any fees charged by the agent.

Hope everyone is ok.

Montysaurus
    Participant

On the subject of BA vouchers, I noticed this morning that my 2 Amex 2-4-1 vouchers have had their validity extended by 6 months. A nice gesture from BA but it’s a pity I noticed by chance rather than being told. However I suppose they are a touch busy just now!
    Any news on flexibility of Tier membership levels given many of us have had to cancel flights?

1 user thanked author for this post.

TominScotland
    Participant

[postquote quote=994209][/postquote]

I had three non-flexible bookings over the next few weeks, two booked direct (LCY and HEL) and one with a travel agent (MIA). I requested and am waiting for vouchers with respect to the direct bookings – they have told me it will be about 7 days. The agency booking has been cancelled (by them) and I will get the full refund in due course – not a BA priority at the moment, understandably.

fatbear
    Participant

I too have had my BA Amex Companion voucher extended by 6 months !

ASK1945
    Participant

Yes, mine also has been extended by 6 months.

I think this must be universal.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=994294][/postquote]

It’s nice to hear good news, thank you for posting that.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Virgin emailed confirming a 6 month extension on their vouchers too..

TurningLeftAgain
    Participant

Ade999, I think I have had the same situation as you and in my case it is now resolved.

I booked a BA Holiday (flight and hotel to Faro Portugal) in the January sale (not something I think I have done before). My first comms from BA (16 March) in light of COVID-19 was to offer a voucher for full value of the holiday with the voucher valid for 12 months. I didn’t respond or react as my instinct told me that was their first offer and if I waited they would get in touch as departure date (Sat 4 April) got nearer. Sure enough, on Tuesday this week (24 March) they contacted me to say cancelled and they will process a full refund.

I appreciate my experience is dependent upon destination and travel dates.

Good luck.

Mikeact
    Participant

Why on earth, would anybody book a ticket only through a T A ?

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I regularly uses a TA / TC for my business related flights.

I often fly in to one airport, out of another, mix class of travel etc and I find their expertise more than helpful.

I have a non flexible BA itinerary booked via my TC in May. If it needs to be cancelled / changed, I’m sure it won’t be an issue.

BA cancelled a non standard booking I’d made for the family to Spain next month. I had to call, waited about 30 mins and all taken care of without hitch.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls