BA to spend £7bm. What would you spend it on? Top 5.

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Suggest BA invest in 2 year subscription to BT & access the Forum. They are likely to get some very good ideas….

8 users thanked author for this post.

BugAdvisor
    Participant

IT – bring in house – outsourcing doesn’t work, only accountants think it does.
    Call centre in Newcastle with short wait times.
    More gates and less buses.
    Manual safety demo and never make, nor show, another one of those awful safety videos.
    Contract Cathay Pacific to run the lounges.
    Sleeper suits in Business.
    Two bathrooms in Premium Economy.
    More upgrades for frequent flyers.

SimonS1
    Participant

Just get the basics right. I travelled from Vienna on Weds:

1. Flight left Vienna on time.

2. Group boarding not enforced, I was group 9 and boarded with group 1, not challenged, but handy for baggage storage.

3. No BoB, it hadn’t been loaded.

4. Sat waiting off the gate at T3 – ‘we have called someone from company to turn the parking navigation on’.

5. Further delay waiting for jetty to be attached.

The whole thing had a low cost feel to it.

justloveflying
    Participant

No specific order as all need urgent attention.

1) Superior Economy Classes on long and shorthaul

2) Cabin Crew training and staff morale

3) Way better Amenity Kits

4) Ditch the awful new uniform

5) Free WiFi on shorthaul and IFE

DerFlieger
    Participant

I don’t travel long-haul, but I’d suggest the following for its short-haul fleet:

get rid of the tiny loos and use the space to store BoB products etc;

improve leg-room for the whole cabin – the current product is worse than Iberia’s.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

@EalingFlyer – “get rid of the tiny loos and use the space to store BoB products etc”.

Serve more drinks to passengers and then they……?

Mike Tucker
    Participant

Get rid of the politically correct uniforms and revert to the old ones! There was nothing wrong with them. Reinstate the food and drinks service on European flights, your not a low cost carrier so don’t act like one! Update and improve your website! that will do for starters! We can talk about other improvements later

drflight
    Participant

1. Hot Breakfasts on all domestic flights.

2. Proper catering in economy class.

3. A proper BA station manager at each UK airport.

4. Using the word ‘passenger’ instead of ‘customer’.

5. Rediscovering the ‘esprit de corps’ which permeated at all levels of the airline after the highly successful ‘Putting People First’ staff training course in the early 1980s.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Hannah Brandler
    Keymaster

British Airways has revealed various initiatives as part of its £7 billion transformation plan over the next two years.

British Airways unveils cabin upgrades, free messaging and route resumptions to Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok

esselle
    Participant

So I read Doyle’s speech and squirm because, as the CEO, he has failed totally to mention one key element of the airline’s raisin d’etre, the customer.

Had he started the whole proposition by saying that his objective was to improve the customer experience at every touch point with his brand, it would have been more credible.

As it is, it seems to be just a list of aspirations.

Disappointing.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Hannah Brandler
    Keymaster

Thanks Esselle, Calum Laming, chief customer officer, did speak about customer experience at the event:

“We remain resolutely committed to being a premium airline, proudly British, offering our customers an experience that is unique to BA and delivered by our incredible colleagues who go out of their way each and every day.”

When questioned on the transformation of the customer experience, he added:

“The industry we work in is forever changing and as a brand we really want to push things forward… Nearly 1/3 of the initiatives are focused in the customer and the brand space. That is how much we’re investing in there.”

Examples include the new fuel-efficient aircraft, the cabin interiors, improved F&B onboard and within the lounges.

I have added this to the news piece.

Harbord1
    Participant

On shorthaul business class, if we cannot have a proper seat I would vote for removing one row of seats at the front and then re-pitching Club Europe with an additional few inches of legroom for all of the rows up to the emergency exit which seems to be where their max config reaches. It would make the experience so much more comfortable and also be a nice bonus for any economy passengers who end up in those rows when a smaller CE cabin is in operation.

4 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

Thanks Hannah

It doesn’t scream customer to me. Staff engagement will be fundamental to any improvement in customer experience and it doesn’t seem to feature.

timirvine1977
    Participant

I’m always stunned that companies in general don’t do more of this. There are SO many customer forums for big customer-facing businesses these days, and it’s such a an amazing value way of getting first-hand customer feedback.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls