BA to charge for seat selection.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)

• skybird1
    Participant

Actually I am commencing in AMS. The cost for the biz class return seat was USD2750-. Just got off the phone with BA supervisor who helped resolve the issue “this time” but urged me to be aware of it for future travel.

Cwyfan
    Participant

For those travelling regularly to and from America, I understand that it is cheaper to pair your return journey with your next outward each time and book on the .com site.

Is this another case of priority to the Americans from a British company?

skybird1
    Participant

Actually many carriers offer some bargain business class fares originating in Europe if you make the journey often enough and can plan that far in advance. However, take note that with some searching, business class fares originating in the USA have come way down, so the difference is far less than it used to be.

sheldon
    Participant

reminds me a bazaar–worse bait and switch

FCTraveller
    Participant

Watch out BA, it’s a slippery slope you know. Looks like you’re trying to lure Michael O’Leary to be your next CEO. What next, the toilets? Oh and I love how you’re referring to this: ENHANCED SEATING POLICY! Ya Right. LOL

Hess963
    Participant

Not even in the wildest dreams!

Micheal O’ Leary BA’s CEO–probably when the hell is frozen–at least in Waterside !

FCTraveller
    Participant

Well I was being facetious. But they could easily turn BA into a Ryanair if they keep pulling stunts like this one. In this climate, if someone buys a Club World ticket, they should kneel down and kiss their feet, not charge them to select a seat in advance. LOL

Hess963
    Participant

Well, you know showing feelings for Brits-that is a thing for its own!
    You know the “kneeling”-it is just appropriate when the Queen merit someone with a knighthood—-and ” kissing someone’s feet”–well, not all is fond of fetish-I would say! Probably one tend to pay the surcharge than showing such emotions !

Airpocket
    Participant

It’s not in the English psyche to genuflect…unless it’s in gratitude to Saudi royalty, Russian oligarchs, and Chinese manadarins. Of course, the Scots, Welsh, and Irish just laugh at our fawning. :o)

Hess963
    Participant

Do you have something against the English-Airpocket !

What are Chinese Manadarins ?? Or do you mean Chinese Mandarins ?

Hess

Airpocket
    Participant

No, I don’t have anything against the English.I’m just commenting on the English political class rather than the proletarians.
    A mandarin is someone who is at the head of a company.

NTarrant
    Participant

What you really mean Airpocket is the British social class, rather than just English, yes there are more of us than the Scots or Welsh but the social classes are in all in the British Isles.

Although your analagy of the Mandarins, Saudi Royalty et el is a little far from the mark. Although what any of this has to do with BA seat selection I could not say!!

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

I do not want to deviate here. Just clearing some contexts.

Airpocket–I do not understand your definition of a “mandarin”–Just suggesting you to give the word in wikipedia and you will get the right
    meaning of it.
    Which in short –in Imperial China: referring to a bureaucrat or in some ways a high ranking civil servant.
    So in modern times–in UK we use “mandarin” more in satirical context in referring to a senior civil servant.

Why don’t you just use the word CEO for referring to the head of a company.

AntonyHN
    Participant

BA told us that a “wider selection of seats” would be available as a result of their new policy yet on a flight LHR//TXL last week online check in could not allocate 2 seats next to each other in Club Europe just 23 hours before departure. A lengthy phone call to BA simply resulted in my being told to request another passenger to swap

The BA system does not seem to be able cope with solo passengers picking off seats at random which leaves two pax together in a problem

rthonwjb
    Participant

I tried to use this “service” on a 747 LHR/JFK flight 3 weeks before departure in J class. There was nothing available on the upper deck and no window/ aisles together. There were no seats together except in the middle of the lower cabin. A “greater choice of seats” for £60 per sector: I don’t think so!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls