BA to CGK for winter13?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

I think if Garuda really wanted to attract UK travellers to its new Jakarta service from LGW, then doing this before their Skyteam entry was misguided and somewhat naive.

Business travellers will want to earm miles and status points, especially on such a long sector, and not having this option would drive then to MH, SQ, TG etc.

I am sure there will be significant local demand for the new service ex-CGK, but with such a big entry to the market-daily 773, I imagine some UK demand would be helpful!

Also if Virgin was to join Skyteam, this would also boost the appeal of UK travellers in choosing GA.

christopheL
    Participant

Garuda had to postpone the launch of their LGW-CGK service because the nunway’s pavement in CGK needsto be improved.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/08/01/garuda-indonesia-forced-delay-flights-london.html

rferguson
    Participant

Well it seems Jakarta via Singapore is definitely going to happen.

We received our winter ‘trip descriptions’ today. This is a series of all the available trips in the network for us to bid for. And right there in front of my eyes is a 7 day Singapore trip with a Jakarta shuttle 😉

So I would imagine we will see something ‘official’ anytime soon.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I do not see why they are taking so long in announcing it. It seems to have been decided upon a while ago but no official news as yet, which surely means passengers are finding other routes in the meantime.

Will be good news when it comes. Any other new places on the list?

Hippocampus
    Participant

BA may be waiting for formal regulator approval before officially announcing it.

rferguson
    Participant

Sparkflyer nothing else new on there for Winter ’13 showing.

Only other thing that jumps out is the A380 will start JNB 5FEB.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls