BA to CGK for winter13?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Anonymous

LHRtraveller
    Participant

Strong rumour that BA will start flying to CGK for winter13 as a tag from SIN using BA11/2 ground time in Singapore. This is subject to relevant authority approval

HarryMonk
    Participant

Still waiting for KUL to be announced, there must be plenty of easy onward connections around SE Asia and Australia without the need for tags in co-operation with MH

VintageKrug
    Participant

Jakarta would be great. Are you sure it will be a SIN tag on?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Or just use the code share flight through Qatar.

AP_Traveller
    Participant

All a bit too late for me as I’m planning a trip there in 2 weeks time.

Easiest routes currently look to be with Air China via Beijing, with Finnair via Helsinki or with Qatar Airways via Doha.

I am also looking at an outbound stop in KUL, but surprised only MAS is the only direct carrier from UK. However, Qatar offer a linked flight via DOH also, so they seem favourites to win my business this time.

LHRtraveller
    Participant

Hi Vk, yes through SIN as of today and using BA11/12 but as as say subject to regulatory approval

Binman62
    Participant

Cathay also operate from uk and BA offer code share via HKG. It is a route I have used regularly. The journey time was longer than via SIN but fares much reduced.

sparkyflier
    Participant

CGK is long overdue. To to the post by BeckyBoop of relying on Qatar for this route, I feel there are some markets where BA shareholders, and UK PLC, are missing out hugely by not having a nonstop or direct (non-plane change) flight into London.

Jakarta is one of these, capital of one of the most populous nations on Earth, very dynamic, with robust growth, and with plenty of potential buyers of UK products & services.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I would imagine that BA will enjoy 5th freedom rights on the SIN-CGK sector. That was the case with other European carriers who used to, or still do, ply this route.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Good news, per today’s BT article, to see that Jakarta is becoming increasingly likely.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-poised-to-resume-jakarta-flights

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello SergeantMajor

Thanks for posting the link to my story. I’d totally forgotten that this subject of BA11 and BA12 being extended from Singapore was broached way back in May.

What I find interesting is the fact that Garuda has withdrawn schedule info from its UK website. Presumably it knows something we don’t.

Vertrek
    Participant

I suspect GA, has bought a slot from one of their future SkyTeam partners for LHR T4. =)

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Breaking News:

In the past few mins, Routes Online has announced via Twitter that Garuda will be postponing its London Gatwick to Jakarta service until May 2014.

No reason has been given but as we mentioned in the news piece, Garuda has recently withdrawn all London route flight details from its website.

Business Traveller will provide further information when available.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls