BA Tier Points issue

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Chutzpahflyer
    Participant

Cautionary tale which I hope benefits Forum members in future. I’ve phoned Exec Club, to be told I *don’t* get tier points or Avios. The reason is that I booked Club with “points and money” or whatever it’s called, which counts as a reward flight.
    If I’d booked WT+ then upgraded it would have cost me about the same but I would have got my TPs and Avios.

Gold-2K
    Participant

If you book “points with money” e.g. Pay WT+ and use points to upgrade to Club as a single booking, you get WT+ avios and TP as its like using Avios to upgrade (at least this is how it worked the last time I did it) The advantage of doing this over buying WTP and trying at a later date to upgrade with points is you can check availability at the time of booking. WTP to Club can be a “challenging” upgrade with Avios!

I have over the last few months made a couple of CE cash booking and then taken advantage of one an offer to use 15,000 Avios and reduce the cost of the ticket by £150, In both cases I have received the full CE TierPoints i.e. 40 per sector.

Nogbad01
    Participant

Don’t be fooled by the tier points and avios listed on Manage My Booking. They show the values for the cabins to be flown, but don’t seem to notice that the booking is a reward flight or avios upgrade etc.
    Basically, if you have paid for the cabin and any upgrades, the value will be correct. If any part of it used Avios. It wont.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls