BA T3 Lounge – Showers Closed Again

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

• Anonymous

Binman62
    Participant

I went through T3 last yesterday and tried to use the showers. They are closed and the reason for the closure is, and I quote “bacterial contamination”. When asked if it was Legionella there was no reply. They are expected to be closed for up to 6 weeks and this is the second time this year that they have been closed for this reason. Needless to say there is no warning on BA.com.

Hard to know if this is due to carelessness and a lack of proper maintenance and testing on the part of BA or the inevitable result of operating in the 3rd world BAA facility that is T3.

Either way it is a ludicrous situation in 2011.

BABenji
    Participant

6 weeks for bacterial contamination seems extreme.

Was there any evidence of building works/renovation?

…and thanks for the advance warning….I’m flying out of 3 on Sunday and was going to use the facilities pre-flight.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Gold and Silver card holders can still use the showers at the Admiral’s Club and the Cathay Pacific lounge.

CXDiamond
    Participant

If this facility is to be closed for six weeks there is more to the story than is being told.

We had a legionella problem in our office about six months ago where we have showers in the locker room, it took four hours to flush the system and all was returned to normal. Even allowing for potentially complex set up in T3, six weeks is difficult to believe.

Binman62
    Participant

Difficult to believe it may ne but it is what I was told. More to the point it is the 2nd time this year and the last closure was for at least 6 weeks.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

The last time I used the showers, the cold water supply failed and I was nearly boiled.

That lead to all the showers being closed, too, but dunno for how long as I flew out later.

Binman62
    Participant

Showers still closed, no news when they will reopen and nothing on BA.com to warn customers.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Dont mean to sound ignorant/rude but dont any of you wash before you leave home? I cant see the point of showers in a depature lounge xx

VintageKrug
    Participant

One has to remember that many people will be on an international connection; I can imagine not having a shower in BKK or SIN when doing the Kangaroo Route, for instance. The steam is a great way to re-hydrate your airways.

Others may be leaving late in the day having been in the office; a shower is an ideal way to relax for the evening before going to bed on board.

I’ve also enjoyed a shower even when flying shorthaul; especially useful if you’ve over indulged in the lounge and are looking to ”freshen up” before you arrive home.

I’m disappointed to hear this is still not working, but once again it’s BAA who is the landlord responsible for repairs, not BA and it does seem like it’s more than just a small issue or it would have sorted already.

As has been previously stated, there are showers available in both the AAdmirals Club and the Cathay lounge for eligible oneworld customers.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

doh…silly me didnt think about any of that ;).

Vintage krug you are the best, you always have time an answer to help people, you are so calm and make things and people feel so much better just like my doctor… :o)
    xxxxxxxx

HonestCrew
    Participant

Desperately trying to not burst BeckyBoop’s bubble….. has anyone experienced the new No.1 Traveller Lounge in T3?
    Is this a viable alternative to the BA lounge with regards to quality and eligibility?

Danwolf
    Participant

Thanks for the pre-warning, am flying out of T3 in a few weeks time as well. Will make sure to post if it is/is not up again. Unfortunately my Silver status comes after this flight, so no chance of using the AA lounge.

Binman62
    Participant

The No 1 lounge is suyperb and access available to those with priority pass or for fee. It is true that AA and CX have showers however I was promptd to upadte this thread when told by a collegue who incidentally was refused access to both AA and CX despite being Gold card holder. Seems when they are busy they will not allow access.

Would be surprised to find that this is a BAA issue and not BA’s. I rather suspect that it would have been all over the web site or, at the very least some lounge info to those entiled to use them stating what the problem is. Sadsly that is not the case and so we can only specualte on who is more iuncompetent and just what the bacteria is that is lurking in the drains and showers…..

VintageKrug
    Participant

BAA owns Heathrow and the Estate therein; BA only leases the lounges from BAA.

Just as a landlord is responsible for repairs to faulty plumbing, so it is BAA’s responsibility to ensure the showers at T3 are in full working order.

Cue reasons why it’s still BA’s fault from the usual suspect:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls