British Airways Strikes

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Plenty of cancellations today as well. It is reported elsewhere that this is partly due to pilots refusing overtime which the airline is dependent on.

capetonianm
    Participant

It’s partly because aircraft are out of position.

i’ve been saying for a long time that Cruz is totally unsuitable and should go as soon as possible and should depart under a massive cloud and not with a hefty payout.

He has disgraced the United Kingdom, he has disgraced British Airways and their long suffering loyal and hard working employees, and he has inflicted distress and expense on millions of passengers

GO CRUZ GO
    1 user thanked author for this post.

FrequentlyFlying
    Participant

Had my expected cancellation regrets text and email at around 4pm today for flights on 27th with my wife.

Took about 5 attempts to join the Gold EC queue system and was answered after 1 hour 10 minutes. Flight & hotel booking in Club, asked to change to a day earlier outbound and retain booking, took 5 minutes, all confirmed on phone and online. Top customer service as expected in a premium cabin & GEC, just a shame these people have to work for Willy & Cruz, they’re wasted on them.

Wasn’t aware BA would foot the bill for the extra hotel night which was a bonus!

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=963231]Had my expected cancellation regrets text and email at around 4pm today for flights on 27th with my wife.
    [/quote]

Indeed, had to be done today to avoid EC261 compensation. From that you can determine BA priorities….

rferguson
    Participant

BALPA have cancelled the strike on the 27th.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=964711][/postquote]

So pilots won’t loose a work day while BA cancelled all flights. Subtle move…

SimonS1
    Participant

Interesting move. Cancelled with 9 days to go, but in its haste to avoid any compensation payments to customers BA have largely wiped the schedules anyway. Hey ho. Maybe the flights will be quite light on the 27th.

It will be curious to see what the BALPA next moves are. The usual suspects on FT are quickly back to say how wonderful BA is but it seems to me there is more water to go under the bridge yet. Maybe next time it will be 14 days and 10 minutes notice dropping the airline a bit deeper in the wotsit.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Does this mean that there will be bags of seats on the 26th through the 28th or can we expect BA to mess about because there will now be too few pax….

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=965094][/postquote]

Lots of availability. May have to stay in China longer next week and looked at availability for BA redemption to London. All classes available, including First, on a Friday night from HKG. Never been known since SARS

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

I suspect that while the threat of more strikes hangs over BA we could find late late availability quite often on their flights!

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=965094][/postquote]

Quite likely that flights may be consolidated due to poor loads. Cue some interesting excuses by BA.

FrequentlyFlying
    Participant

Ballot result is valid until 31 December I believe?

mkcol74
    Participant

I understand BALPA are still in dispute with BA, that this has not been resolved yet – if I’m wrong please correct me, as I’m researching whether there’s the possibility that my flight back from AGP on 2nd November could be affected.

AFAIK no further strike dates have been announced. Has anyone heard of any further progress between parties, as it’s all gone rather quiet lately?

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=973400][/postquote]

As far as I understand, BALPA have to give two weeks’ notice of another strike date. So, you should be ok (says me with fingers crossed for my own flight a week later).

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls