British Airways Strikes

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)

• handbag
    Participant

SimonS1

Do you know where you have seen it said that BA will cover costs for this wrongly told of flight cancellations? I have looked and cant find any info. Thanks in advance.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=955032]Seems like talks are back on.

Personally, i’ll be surprised if the strikes go ahead.

I just hope it doesn’t end up a silly situation like the HAL ‘strikes’ a month ago. Plethora of flights cancelled, people’s holidays disrupted for the HAL unions to call off the strikes the night before. The damage was done already.[/quote]

Or maybe not. All fingers pointing at Alejandro again.

BALPA says no talks planned over scheduled British Airways strikes

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=954752]So is it just me?? All my bookings have vanished from ‘manage my booking’ on ba.com. It’s a great way to ensure that I am not misled about future flights![/quote]

My own future bookings have now re-appeared in my account on the BA website.

Have another try.

handbag
    Participant

Gold-2K
    Participant

As we are now a week away from a possible strike, anyone have any insight into which flights may actually be running?

I got the infamous “cancelled” email which was retracted 24hrs later, flight is not showing as cancelled on ba.com but I am still being offered a refund.

SimonS1
    Participant

So according to the Sunday Times invisible Alejandro is preparing to withdraw travel perks from people going on strike….

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british-airways-set-to-strip-perks-from-striking-pilots-bzrvc5cnd

openfly
    Participant

….and removing their very large annual bonuses.

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Another gem from the Cruz book of how to win friends and influence people!

Does anyone else get the impression that BA do not want to end this fight, indeed they want to “bring it on”?

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=958919]So according to the Sunday Times invisible Alejandro is preparing to withdraw travel perks from people going on strike….

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british-airways-set-to-strip-perks-from-striking-pilots-bzrvc5cnd[/quote]

Standard BA operating practice. They did the same to the cabin crew during their strikes ten odd years ago. Staff travel benefits were reinstated as part of the Settlement Agreement.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

On this very topic I am scheduled to fly SIN – ABZ on the 27th, which it appears is still pending. I made the grievous error of booking with BA in 1st as their fares were too tempting. A fool and his money are soon parted as it turns out, now I am facing their strike action.

I’ve booked this via a third party who are frankly disinterested in finding a solution other than changing my flight, I have been through blistered fingers with the email exchange and have honestly lost the will to continue – they have my money and I am at their mercy. I do not know whether to extend my stay or not, nor to arrange for pick ups/drop offs at airports etc

My question is as follows: I am flying ABZ – LHR – SIN return but on the way home I will be in Bali for a few days R&R before coming back to SIN for my return leg. I am scheduled to fly from DPS – SIN on 27th Sept then connect to my BA flight (with a separate ticket). I don’t want to spend a night at an airport hotel in SIN so am thinking of extending my stay in Bali by one night (1st World problems eh?). Will BA compensate me for my hotel/flight amend (DPS – SIN)/refreshments as I am only making these changes as there is no alternative being offered to me.

TIA.
    AOTG.

rferguson
    Participant

AOTG. On the ba.com IA Q&A page:

Q. I am flying back from my trip overseas on a strike date, will BA pay for me to stay at my hotel and compensate me for other costs incurred?

A. You should keep your receipts for any other costs directly incurred as a result of the cancellation, these will be considered on an individual basis…

Although not explicitly yes or no i’d say it is likely they will pay for an additional nights accommodation. Paying for the cost to amend DPS-SIN i’d think less likely if it’s a separate ticket.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=961393]
    My question is as follows: I am flying ABZ – LHR – SIN return but on the way home I will be in Bali for a few days R&R before coming back to SIN for my return leg. I am scheduled to fly from DPS – SIN on 27th Sept then connect to my BA flight (with a separate ticket). I don’t want to spend a night at an airport hotel in SIN so am thinking of extending my stay in Bali by one night (1st World problems eh?). Will BA compensate me for my hotel/flight amend (DPS – SIN)/refreshments as I am only making these changes as there is no alternative being offered to me.

TIA.

AOTG.[/quote]

Well under EC261 BA is responsible for accommodating you, and in your favour it does not specifically state where.

My suggestion – collect some basic evidence like screen shots to show that BA is not out of pocket by staying in Bali, especially if within their guide of £200 per night. Then submit your claim.

I doubt they will pay your flight change though, as that is a consequential loss that you have chosen to take on.

Remember that common sense is a rare commodity at BA, there is always the risk of ‘computer says no’ but gut feel suggests you would be OK here and you would have a good case at CEDR.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

[quote quote=961408]AOTG. On the ba.com IA Q&A page:
    Although not explicitly yes or no i’d say it is likely they will pay for an additional nights accommodation. Paying for the cost to amend DPS-SIN i’d think less likely if it’s a separate ticket.[/quote]

*sigh* – On an individual basis. It makes no sense to me, I cannot fly back home on the date I want to (and have booked) because of the strike action. And I don’t want to make any changes right now in case the strike doesn’t happen.

Oh well, worse issues I suppose than worrying about 4 or 5 nights in Bali…I’ll wait and see what comes of the strikes..if anything.

Thanks for your reply rferguson.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls