BA Starts 787 Long Haul

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

Typo, Martyn – LHR-BKK!!

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

I stand corrected – G-ZBJC is due to land at LHR in the next 30 mins and will enter service within a matter of days.

G-ZBJD will here here within a fortnight.

We should have some idea of further routes soon. IAD would be my guess!

Bucksnet
    Participant

EWR and PHL should be next.

EWR will commence 1 October.

Bucksnet
    Participant

This means 2 787s, eventually 3, will be sitting around until October as BA only needs 1 frame to operate a daily Toronto service.

simmy700
    Participant

Apparently the next route to be launched on the 787 is a new direct service to Austin, Texas. Should be an announcement anytime soon!

Tallinnman
    Participant

Hope so – its about time this ground breaking aircraft was actually breaking some new ground.

Any other carriers using it in a similar vein?

sparkyflier
    Participant

Well said Tallinnman!

Well Austin if this comes to fruition would be interesting., This came up in the other most recent BA routes threads, and I suggested it, even if I did get the idea from a previous thread and other poster, but he/she did make a good business case for it.

rferguson
    Participant

I’ve worked two flights on the 787 – one longhaul, one shorthaul.

The first was a shorthaul flight and besides the dimmed window feature I didn’t really see any ‘wow’ perspective from a passengers benefit.

Having done the long haul flght though, I did feel different. I think the air filtration on the 787 (which has been much touted) really DOES work in making one feel less tired and dehydrated at the end of the flight. I certainly felt a little more fresh.

Bucksnet
    Participant

2 of the Moscow flights are 767s, so maybe BA should put the 787 on in the interim.

simmy700
    Participant

Just been announced…..Austin, Texas.

There will probably be more routes added to the 787 network before this launches next year.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-to-begin-direct-service-to-austin

http://press.ba.com/?p=3260#more-3260

Bucksnet
    Participant

Good news. Texas is doing well due to the state’s low tax & pro-business policies, in stark contrast to the marxist Obama.

conshaldow
    Participant

Texas is thriving at the moment. I believe in the last few years there has been more migration of US citizens to Texas than to any other state. As Bucksnet said low tax and pro business policies are one of the main reasons for this. A good route to have available.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Sparkyflyer hinted at Austin but I couldn’t imagine Austin. Yes the state capital, but really, nothing else! San Antonio maybe, but Austin ! ? A true surprise, and I am sure to more yanks on this forum than just me. New Orleans, St Louis, Portland, Pittsburgh yes, but Austin, didn’t see that coming!

Nor did I dutchyankee. A complete surprise!! I wonder if BA has more up its sleeves?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls