BA quietly brings fwd T5 to T3 route moves

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

• ba747fan1
    Participant

I am maybe in the minority but I quite liked Terminal 3 when I went there for the first time a while ago. Ok the check in is very dark and miserable but I enjoyed being able to choose between the First BA and Cathay lounge (Admirals was awful as did pop in). I thought the Cathay lounge was excellent and had some nice noodles and premium drinks and was very quiet and with great views. The BA First lounge was not as bright as T5 but was very quiet and civilised and had excellent food options early evening and overall was more relaxing. I do like T5 but think I found T3 more relaxing. However what I am not looking forward to is connecting between T3 and T5 as regularly travel from Denver to Glasgow and whilst one the change to a 747 is a great boost to the route v the old 3 class 777, the transfer is not the best.

SimonS1
    Participant

@Openfly – maybe worth reflecting on your OP which you titled “BA quietly brings fwd T5 to T3 route moves” and how words failed you.

As explained since then the moves haven’t been forward, and nothing has been done quietly as there has been plenty of publicity including threads on here in which you yourself have participated.

A shame if you will not get to use the CCR but if you feel that makes it game set and match you must share the same sports coach as Sepp Blatter. If it’s really the case that BA didn’t advise you then it may be worth asking why, although I doubt you will ever get cast iron guarantees that your terminal won’t change.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

MartynSinclair – 03/10/2015 12:38 BST

Is the loss of CCR access a game changer? I think you would need to ask people who fly BA First – openfly doesn’t seem too pleased by it.

My point is that offering a differentiated first class product at the airlines home base and main hub is poor – others may disagree.

As I fly mainly to the Middle East and live in the North West, there isn’t much of a motivator for me to choose BA over EY and EK, who are frankly in a different league and offer direct services.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Don’t understand why anyone would feel cheated by not being in the CCR? It’s really very average when compared to some of the competition. I actually like the T3 lounges but not sure about the temporary EK invasion. Try the First lounges in SYD, HKG, LAX or FRA, even DXB or Virgin T3. The CCR is not in the same league.

icenspice
    Participant

I am actually glad BA’s Luxembourg flights have moved to T3.

Galleries was very busy at 07:30 a few weeks ago and I only had time to grab a bacon roll with HP, but nothing compared to Galleries South at T5.

I just wish BA would stop shunting us around – from LGW to T5 to T1 to T3.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

SGJNI1961 – 03/10/2015 23:03 BST

Whilst I tend to agree with you about the CCR, it is human nature to resent paying the same fare as someone in T5 and yet not getting access to the ‘proper’ first class lounge.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls