BA premium cabin sale

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

• Anonymous

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

I know the “Winter Blues” sale has just ended but does anyone know when there is likely to be a BA sale with some decent F fares?

smartloobylou
    Participant

im also looking for this information; we normally have booked our flights for the summer by now – i usually find the summer seat prices are online by the end of Jan – but here we are and still no discounts. Im checking every morning and hoping to use the shareholder discount which still currently applies. Ive also read that airlines may be discounting flights out of London due to the Olympic influx. when are they going to start shifting these seats?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Historically, there’s often been a premium sale the last week in January.

There were some premium cabins added to the recent sale (ended 22 January), such as Kingston in Jamaica for £1086 rtn in Club World.

Given BA launches its new advertising campaign tomorrow, I’d suggest that something could well be in the offing very shortly, so hold back on booking!

In the meantime the Low Fare Finder can help benchmark non-sale prices:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/deal-finder-list/public/en_gb

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

How nice it is to witness the return of VK. You have been missed by me and many others, although probably not everyone.

I too have heard there maybe some steals on flights out of LHR during the Olympics.

As a man of only two sports, neither of which feature in the Olympiad, I am planning to be as far away from London as BA can take me come late July.

My summer 2012 wil be marked solely by my enthusiatic participation in the celebrations for the Diamond Jubilee of our wonderful, magnificent Queen.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

No sign of a sale with the new ad, VK!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Your patience will be rewarded shortly.

I’m torn between Barbados, Morocco and the Celebrations for Her Majesty; the fare sale may decide things, whenever it appears….

It may well take the form of these route-specific offers, currently available; 25% off for Eastern Europe in Club Europe is the current offer, closing tonight:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/eastern-europe/public/en_gb

MartynSinclair
    Participant

How about Bangkok and another Florida jaunt using LCY-JFK. Holding both back pending the Sale!!

SpeedbirdAbz
    Participant

I’ve had some great CW fares to USA during sales, but now need to go to Melbourne. Any ideas what CW fares have been during sales?

VintageKrug
    Participant

BA doesn’t fly to MEL, only SYD.

However, you can book a codeshare using Qantas to MEL.

I would expect something in the £2,800 return to be typical Club World return during a sale.

VintageKrug
    Participant

…sale now imminent.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Likely to include some F fares out of LHR this time?!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Very likely to….patience required until Thursday.

In the meantime, use the Low Fare Finder to benchmark current prices so you can see whether the sale prices offer best value:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/deal-finder-list/public/en_gb

Binman62
    Participant

book now ex Europe. The fares are cheaper all year round and even undercut so called sale fares ex the UK.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Book any other carrier – it will almost certainly be cheaper anyway 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls