BA OnBusiness site down since at least 22 February’23.

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

I have had a reply from the BA press office, but I’m not sure it helps / adds much.

They say BA is “committed to the On Business scheme”, and its teams are “continuing to work hard with the third party that supports the platform to restore online access”.

They added that members are receiving regular updates, and can continue to access the scheme via the call centre. BA will be in touch with members “once we have more information on the restoration of online access”.

Don’t shoot the messenger…

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

FDOS: I’ve not really experienced issues with boarding by groups (okay, I’m normally in Group 1) but the carry-on baggage issue is a direct consequence of their attempting to take on the LCC’s. Except that the latter are utterly ruthless at carry-on baggage enforcement whereas BA has made a rod for its own back – or for the backs of their own cabin crew. I’ve heard the latter complain that if they’d wanted to be loaders, they’d have applied for such.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

Anthony

The problem with boarding groups is when an agent decides to combine 1-3, thus causing about 60% of the pax to scramble to board, so as not to miss out on overhead baggage space – this is mainly on short haul and does not always happen, but is more than an outlier event.

SwissExPat
    Participant

The Lastest email from BA OnBusiness arrived today (Sept 7, 2023)

Only new update is that they hope “to share more news on our progress towards the end of the year”.

Swissdiver
    Participant

How ridiculous this situation is! How come in 2023, a site can be down for over 6 f… months! A disgrace!

1 user thanked author for this post.

MatchboxGirl
    Participant

My AM at BA says they’re redesigning and rebuilding the entire website due to a ‘technical issue’ but I have to say doing anything through the contact centre has been a painful experience. Sometimes they won’t talk to me even though I’m the account owner, and sometimes they won’t talk to our TMC even though they’re listed as having account access because they say they can only talk to the account owner.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Hope this gets sorted soon.

I have been receiving emails from BA OnBusiness since about May 2023 showing my total Points.

This total value has not increased at all despite making 15-20 flights since Jan 2023 (and quoting my OnBusiness number). These flights all showed up on my BAEC account so BA has a record.

Hence, today I wrote to BA highlighting this and quoted all the Booking Ref numbers so that they can be credited once all is rectified!!

In the past before the outage, I would occasionally log on and see that flights were not being credited and had to perform a manual retrospective claim. (especially AA bookings)

I’d be worried about not making a claim now as in the past, there have been some time windows in which to make a claim.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Update

I emailed BA about the non crediting of up to 6 Trips flown (some with 6 sectoes) since the OnBusiness site wend down (still down).

After a week I got a reply saying that 5 of the 6 had now been credited and 1 had, in fact, been credited when flown.

So, reasonably efficient in replying and crediting.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Further update as at 24 April..

I received an email from OnBusiness simply noting my points balance.

In the email, they stated that any points due to expire on 30 June 2024 will be extended until 31 Dec 2024.

SimonS1
    Participant

No idea about OnBusiness but I love the BA boarding groups. Normally I am 8 or 9 but on last 4 trips I have boarded with group 1/2.

No-one checks it properly.

Outstation staff generally don’t care and if it’s a gate room at LHR the boarding passes are checked on entry and person manning the boarding door normally has to keep walking away to do PA announcements.

ASK1945
    Participant

SimonS1: “No idea about OnBusiness but I love the BA boarding groups. Normally I am 8 or 9 but on last 4 trips I have boarded with group 1/2.No-one checks it properly”.

Not my experience on BA. I am usually Group 1/2 and on in my several flights in the last 12 months, all in J, PAX from other groups have been turned back for boarding until it was their “turn”, in both outward and return directions.

SimonS1
    Participant

There you go. Inconsistency.

For clarity, my trips were 2 Vienna returns, ex T3.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls