BA OnBusiness site down since at least 22 February’23.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I have been using the BA OnBusiness site for the last maybe 10 years and have a few flight in the futurre already booked.

I havent been able to log on for the last few days.

Members on the flyerTalk forum have been trying since at least 22 Feb 2023 with no success.

One member contacted BA and was told “The system was down all of last week and is going to be down all of this week, and probably until further notice and we may even cancel the OnBusiness scheme. The BA team can’t access the OnBusiness system either so if you want to book tickets then you will have to purchase as normal”.

I had a flight cancelled in Jan and have been awaiting a refund/recredit of miles and points but no progress.

Worrying indeed.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi SwissExPat – I’ll drop the press office a line and see if they can shed more light on what is going on.

Senator
    Participant

I’ve had a lot of frustration with this programme over the past year. No automatic crediting, retro-claim not working. The call centre outside of the UK is the Bremen-site and the folks there are nice, but know very little about BA on Business. I still have flights from April 2022 I am dealing with getting registered.

It’s rare for me to say that the Lufthansa Group is miles ahead (pun intended) but their Partner Plus program certainly is. They autoswipe the cards I use for payment monthly, and pick up the flights automatically. 9 of 10 are credited automatically, and the retro-claim works each and every time. Extreme value for a small business like mine, and I have about a 50% success rate in redemption from C to F on Swiss as the main usage.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Update from Onbusiness via email received today

“…..We’re continuing to experience issues with the availability of our On Business platform, which currently remains unavailable. Our teams are working hard to resolve this and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Rest assured, your company can continue earning On Business Points on flight bookings made through ba.com or your Travel Agent when your On Business number is included in the booking. Your company can also continue to access On Business flight discounts through your Travel Agent. There may be a slight delay for your spend and points to be reflected in your account balance.

Reward flights and cabin upgrades made using On Business Points can currently only be booked via our contact centres. Our teams can also update or discuss your account and check your points balance for you. Please contact us on 0344 493 0748 to speak to one of the team. If you’re based outside of the UK, please refer to ba.com for further contact details.

Given the change to the redemption process and to ensure your company doesn’t miss out, all On Business Points which were due to expire at the end of June will now be extended to 31 December 2023.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

…. ”

So there is an extension of expiry to year end 2023.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Thanks SwissExPat – I just received the following from the BA press office, but it doesn’t say anything more than you have received:

“We’ve been in touch with our On Business members to let them know we’re experiencing issues with the availability of our On Business platform. Our teams are working hard with the third party that supports the platform to resolve the issue and members can access the On Business benefits of the programme via our call centres.”

SwissExPat
    Participant

Update as of March 16th, 2023

No change, the website is still down.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

I called them two weeks ago to try and redeem some Onbiz points, and they couldn’t find my company’s account on the (spread ?) sheet that they were working from. I was asked to try again after a few days, but got the same response. Apparently this is happening a lot. How on earth can one of the world’s major airlines end up in such a mess ?

openfly
    Participant

This is almost certainly part of BAs “Piss off Pax” campaign…along with so many other irritations that Mr Doyle is unable to fix!

SwissExPat
    Participant

Update as of April 12th, 2023

No change, the website is still down.

Almost 2 months now!

SwissExPat
    Participant

Update as at 1 June 2023.

I received an email from BA OnBusiness today.. saying that they are still working hard to restore the online access to the OnBusiness web portal.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Update : 14 August 2023

Onbusiness site is still down.

I received an email today simply noting my points balance and saying that any OnBusiness points due to expire on 31 Dec 2023 have been extended to 31 June 2024.

Some members of other forums are reporting significant delays in making OnBusiness redemptions via phone (the only option).

Seems to be no end/solution in sight.

openfly
    Participant

About the same length of time to get a refund from them for flight canx …and still waiting. Now taking them to court!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

If BA is still claiming, after some six months, to “be working hard to restore the OnBusiness online capability”, then I truly wonder just what “really, we just cannot be *rsed to get this sorted…” looks like?

BA outsourced their IT operations some years ago. Can anyone identify just who is providing BA’s (on a good day) lacklustre IT function?

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

I will contact the BA press office again and see if I can get an update on this.

FDOS
    Participant

just what “really, we just cannot be *rsed to get this sorted…” looks like?

— boarding by groups
    — hand luggage on board

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls