BA – Of course they have no hidden agenda……

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

• pixelmeister
    Participant

I would assume that BA has rules about publicising the details of members of staff where the penalty is invariably dismissal. Thus I would be very surprised if any BA staff reading this thread would rise to TdC’s bait.

Aside from that, I fail to see the significance that the outcome of any employment tribunal has on the customer service/value for money offered by an airline. From my perspective, if the service I receive matches or is better than my expectations for a particular flight, then I am happy. If it isn’t, I may at best complain and at worst seek to use a different carrier in future (assuming that there is one operating the trip I wish to fly). The internal workings of the carrier are of no real concern. If these impact on the service offered, I am less likely to use them.

I do wonder whether some posters actually would like to see BA out of business and whether they have considered what the result would look like. Again, a purely personal opinion is that a UK airline industry without BA would place the UK in a far worse situation.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Pomerol – I join DoS, my condolences to you.

MarkRussell2
    Participant

I’ve got to say I support VK 100%. His posts have always contained facts, most of which cannot be disputed.

Also I have it on very good authority that BASSA reps are posting on this board. The tactic is to destabilise BA, particularly Mixed Fleet, so they can get their own back after the humiliating strike defeat. There’s a couple of reps in particular that are on here, previously employed by BA, now sacked with vengence in mind.

I think most can work out who is who.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Quite extraordinary that a new poster can be so absolute in their first post. One would wonder where the ‘good authority’ about BASSA reps comes from.

The suggestion that posting on the BT boards would destabalise BA is quite laughable. BA must be going through some very bad times if this is the case but hold on, in another thread, we have VK announcing a doubling of profits and if as the poster says VK’s posts contain facts, most of which cannot be disputed then there is something not quite right with the hypothesis put forward or it simply isn’t working.

Perhaps the poster would like to out the BASSA reps (just by their handles and certainly not namimg them) because I have no idea who they are and in many ways I’m not interested, just stunned by the post.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’d be intrigued to know who the BASSA reps are too. We know who the BA ones are, the BASSA ones must have better disguises!

stevescoots
    Participant

this thread is a guilty pleasure lol

pomerol
    Participant

DOS, Martyn,

Thank you both for your kind words, much appreciated.

I note that this thread, appears to still be going downhill at a rate of knots, on the one side you seem to get people trying to put forward a reasoned argument, normally backed up with documented fact, then from the other side of the argument, it seems to get quite vitriolic and personal.

Best to keep out of this one.

dawdler
    Participant

I note that this thread, which has illustrated the sheer hatred that some employees have for the company, is on the list of those, which in the opinion of some, should be deleted.

Those who do not wish to read the truth of the matter, (VK’s “facts” have never been disproved) should simply skip over the thread, rather than have the whole forum membership suffer by having it’s head buried in sand.

BA’s ability to respond to some of the communications from BASSA is somewhat fettered by their obligations to protect current employees. A concept that the union have appeared to misunderstood.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

dawdler, nice of you to join us. This must be your first post? I think that says enough about your contributions to the board. There seem to have been a few first posts from the BA lobby, LPPS pointed out one just the other day.

You might want to think about your wording a bit more carefully. For a new poster, you come across as rather patronising.

This is definitely a thread we can live without.

dawdler
    Participant

Hi HT Thank you for bothering to comment.

Three things,
    a) not actually quite my first post, but have been a long time lurker.

b) I was prompted to post because it seems that some people who do not wish to discuss a subject, don’t want to allow others to do so.

c) I am sorry if you find my remarks patronising, but I do actually know quite a bit about the history of the BA/BASSA dispute, and how events have unfolded. I will not bother you with chapter and verse here, but I imagine that as the subject is no apparent interest to you, we can agree to disagree.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

dawdler

I am happy for people to discuss the situation and like you, have some insights on both sides, but I would prefer they do it in a more appropriate place than a forum about business travel.

Just my view and I understand your perspective, as well.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

dawdler, there is a time and place to discuss the issues in this thread, this is not the place. It’s not a question about whether the subject should be aired or not. I and many others are sick of both sides kicking their arguments around in what is a forum for business travel. Believe it or not that is a much bigger subject that the pitiful goings on of a single airline which is not that significant to many of us but it dominates this board.

You may have been lurking, your posts are few and the one above is not really appropriate to the spirit of business travel.

I for one would be delighted to see a huge number of thread deletions on topics relating to industrial relations issues at any airline. They are not for people here to worry about.

oldchinahand
    Participant

I for one would like to see all of threads relating to BA – BASSA disputes deleted and in future banned from this forum.
    Many posts have become unnecessarily unpleasant and now have little or no reverence to business travel,

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls