BA missing miles/tier points problem

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

After two flights in early October I noticed that there were Tier Points, ‘Tier Bonus’ BA Miles and trip miles missing on my statement, with N/A in the relevant award boxes.

During my first conversation with the Exec Club, I was told that one of my trips had vanished completely from the BA computer and was untraceable and I had to submit proof of travel with boarding cards etc.
    After several more emails and telephone calls, the miles and tier points were added for the return trip, but not the outbound! The tier bonus miles were still missing.

It transpires that since the new scheme of awards in early October, in many cases, there is a shambles. This was admitted by an Exec Club agent who was tearing his hair out at the problem. One of the worst routes with missing Points and Miles is Jersey. But it is apparent over the whole network.

So, for a while it may be best to keep a close eye on statements.

NTarrant
    Participant

Openfly, I had exactly the same problem having travelled JER-LGW on 1 October. I was credited yesterday following two phone calls, but the bonus miles are missing so another call required.

1 October was the date of the change of miles so perhaps this is the reason.

VintageKrug
    Participant

A few other colleagues noticed a problem around 1 October; I think it was something connected with the ATA with AAdvantage and the new miles earning rates.

Best to retro claim online if you have discovered some missing miles:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/retro/execclub/_gf/en_gb

NTarrant
    Participant

Tried that first but it just came up that it had already been claimed.

openfly
    Participant

NTarrant…exactly the same with me…”these have already been applied”. Seven phone calls, two email claims still nothing. It is not as easy as VK thinks….maybe he can talk to WW on our behalf!

I notice that one of my CE bookings this weekend has N/A against the expected Tier points and miles. I have spoken to BA and they dont know why!! More calls and emails to come. So frustrating.

NTarrant
    Participant

I too have had that N/A against bookings before, but have received the right points and miles after the flight.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Others in this situation had the miles and TPs credited today. Hope that was the case for you both.

flier74
    Participant

While I get my miles and Tier Points, unfortunantely there seem to be a problem with the Tier Bonus too. I was told this will be investigated and I shall keep you posted too.

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

Thanks for raising. I have had the same problem tier bonus is still missing for a Club Europe LGW to JER flight on 16th Oct.

pomerol
    Participant

I flew Bod-Lgw-Bod outbound on the 26th. October, inbound 31st October, after arriving home outbound leg on my statement but to date, no sign of the return leg.

I suspect a phone call required on Monday.

AMDGlobal
    Participant

I flew to Washington Dulles on Oct 25th and have just looked online and nothing was credited. Tried the link VintageKrug posted but this does not work. I’m still in the US so I guess a call will be needed when I get back but I do not have the boarding card anymore!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Odd, as the link worked fine for me.

You need to enter your BAEC number and PIN to access the functionality.

AMDGlobal
    Participant

Thanks VK – worked this time…

pomerol
    Participant

VK

Thank you for the above link, Miles & T.P’s now accredited.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls