BA lost luggage POOR handling FRANKFURT airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

A few months ago I arrived in LHR for the weekend after AA misdirected my bag on my earlier connecting flight. So not really BA’s fault, but I complained to them because I arrived in LHR on a BA flight. They gave me a (sparse) overnight kit and underwear. Which I never touched. They told me I could spend up to GBP150 on essentials (which proved to be more than enough). They were sympathetic and understanding (but then I was also not hectoring, abusive or rude). My luggage was delivered to my hotel in Kent about 10 hours after I landed

Admittedly this was BA’s home base. Compare it, however, to UA losing our luggage on a short, domestic US single (non-connecting, no other carrier involved) flight. It took innumerable calls (all on premium lines) and THREE DAYS to get my luggage. They never refunded the cost of my calls, and the “compensation” was a voucher which, as a non-resident of the US, I couldn’t use…

And, tinodvc, your delay was caused by a genuine technical problem. If the one-hour queue at the UA luggage counter I experienced – lots of luggage didn’t arrive – was anything to go by, my delay was caused by pure incompetence

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls