BA lost luggage POOR handling FRANKFURT airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

tinovdc
    Participant

I travelled from ORD (Chicago) over LHR (was upgraded to FIRST) to FRA (Frankfurt) (in business) with BA908, landed at 16h24 on 13 Jun 2013, caused by a hydraulic leak, the luggage could not be unloaded.
    Claimed the luggage problem and received the following file reference number: FRABA ….., called today 14/06/13 to 069945192273 and was told that my luggage was via a transporter on his way, they asked me IF I received a SMS to confirm, but I didn’t receive anything. However, I was able to receive the telephone number of the transport company 06984844505 and spoke with someone that confirmed that the luggage for ‘…………….’ (that the address that I gave them) would be for sure delivered today 14-06-13 between 20u00 and 22u00.
    It is now almost 22:30, means 30 hours later than the plane arrived in FRA and I still have NO luggage, neither did I receive any update from the transport company AND neither did I get to talk someone at the info number from BA at FRA airport (069945192273), I am now almost 30 min on a automatic waiting music/voice system, telling me that my call will be soon answered by one of the agent and that this call may be recorded for quality insurance, well once I reached 30 min on the waiting system, the line was simply cut at exactly 30 min, WHAT a brilliant customer service!

And YES I am a GOLD EXECUTIVE member from BA since 10+ years, so feel really frustrated for the moment!

HarryMonk
    Participant

BA really aren’t very good at dealing with mishandled / delayed baggage.

On a recent flight with BA from the US to LHR my bag was not loaded on to the LHR bound aircraft from the connecting flight despite there being 1.5hrs between flights. I was informed of this upon my arrival at LHR at 8am and told my bag was on next flight due to arrive 3 hrs at 11am and my bag would be delivered that afternoon to my home address. I was not pleased but accepted it happens every so often and left the airport with the report / tracking number.

With the online tracking I could see my bag arrived at 11am as promised but here is where BA’s tardiness and lack of customer care came to the fore, my bag was still at LHR until 6pm (7hrs later) when it was collected by BA’s appointed courier, it then spent the night at the couriers facility and was not delivered to my home address until 1pm the following day.
    All in all, 26 hours from the arrival of my bag at LHR to delivery to my home address less than 10 miles away from the airport.

During this time there was no available phone number to baggage services at Heathrow, BA customer services or to the courier company to advise on a delivery ETA, only a number to an indian call centre who could only offer “wait until the courier company calls you”

And to show just how much BA care, its now about 8 weeks since that event and I have still have not had any acknowledgement of my complaint regarding the slow delivery from BA customer services.

SimonS1
    Participant

I’m sure little Kruggles will find some way of calling this excellent service.

HarryMonk
    Participant

Lets not have this thread descend into another poster v poster attack.

It would be interesting to read of other peoples experience. I’ve just re-read tinovdc’s post and noticed striking similarities to my own experience, it particular the lack of both speed in delivery and customer service

You are terrible Simon 😉

I have just realised I haven’t had Kruggles Cornflakes for ages!

Have a sunny weekend all.

1nfrequent
    Participant

That’s appalling, tinovdc. Is this something that calling the Gold Members’ line can help fix or are you locked into the customer complaint procedure? Is it worth submitting a claim for all your expenses as a result of your missing stuff? A friend of mine had a similar experience with BA so submitted receipts for everything she’d needed to buy and they paid up. (Not an ideal solution at all but it would be something).

At the risk of sparking another round of back-biting, there is something that I want to get off my chest.

Simon and alex – both of you need to grow the hell up. What you’re doing here is a textbook definition of trolling and it’s pathetic. For all those complaints that people are being driven away because of VK, it’s really just as much because of posters like you. You really can’t seem to resist the slightest opportunity to stir things up on threads that have absolutely nothing to do with your stupid little vendetta.

I know it’s not just you. There’s a merry little band of similarly wretched individuals who engage in name calling and outrage when their crappy behaviour is pointed out to them.

I’ve been ignoring it as best I can but the last few days have just been bloody nasty to watch. I don’t see debate – I see name calling and behaviour that kids in a playground would be ashamed to indulge in.

I know that BT doesn’t have the resource to mod these boards more closely but frankly, they shouldn’t have to. The sad truth is that I’ve moderated kid’s boards where there’s been more maturity than what I’ve seen here the last few days. Everyone needs to take some flipping responsibility for themselves. You’re all of an age where it’s not unreasonable to expect it.

It’s so sad because the BT boards have a lot of great information and debate on them and they’re really very useful. I know that I’ve learnt a hell of a lot here and it would be brilliant if people could just draw a line under it all, ignore people they don’t like and move on.

So I’ve spoken my mind. No doubt I’ll now get flamed as being a sock puppet or whatever but really, I’m getting to the point of being done here when I don’t want to be.

Please. Take a look at yourselves because you’re killing these forums.

1F

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Honestly, this is not just BA!
    I flew other airlines and experienced similar experiences, never on BA though as for me!
    I once flew Thai Airways and got my luggage 48 hours late, however I was generously compensated( really generously!). Hope BA will adequately compensate, and wish noone will find it that it would erode their bottom line!
    No profits if there are no high contribution customers

SimonS1
    Participant

I hope your chest feels better now, 1F.

Like Alex I must say VB is one of my favourite posters. So obviously a stooge and its fun watching him trying to defend the increasing number of sagas that inflict BA and present them as world class service. You can’t get better comedy.

But I will take a look as you requested 😉

BigDog.
    Participant

I agree Simon,

Meanwhile am giving this thread a little bump as KrugHandles has been up to his usual manipulation by resurrecting irrelevant dead threads to bump off items that displeases the frequent abuser.

capetonianm
    Participant

I can’t understand why everybody gripes about BA. They are a perfect airline with perfect staff, their service is always impeccable, their flights are never delayed, and they always give loyal customers upgrades and hand out millions of Avios if the wine is served at the wrong temperature. As long as you keep your blinkers on and carry on smoking your socks, you will be happy!

Back in the real world, I’ve joined the ‘don’t fly BA club’ and therefore I have no reason to complain about them, in the same way as I have no reason to complain about Ryanair., Iberia, Egyptair, Emirates, and other airlines I won’t use

TominScotland
    Participant

I am sorry but one delayed bag, however unfortunate for one individual, pales into nothing compared with the reportedly awful treatment of Swiss passengers at Geneva (see parallel thread). Given that both are examples of third party problems, rather than the airlines themselves, perhaps we all should desist from sanctimonious drivel……

HarryMonk
    Participant

Third party problems maybe? Who is it that appoints these third parties? The airlines

TominScotland
    Participant

Of course they do but all I am saying is that, perhaps and IMHO, the frenzy of BA-bashing is not warranted on the basis of one lost suitcase, badly handled by BA’s appointed agents in Frankfurt – maybe this was a deliberate LH plot to deflect attention from their sister airline’s transgressions in Geneva?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls