BA Investor Day Presentation 21 May 2010

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

• continentalclub
    Participant

The Iberia option conversion was reported in early June:

http://bit.ly/cloQRi

It’s not yet clear which variant(s) of the A320 family the options will ultimately constitute.

Potakas
    Participant

VK and CC i downloaded an ”orders and deliveries” summary .pdf from Airbus web site. It seems that Iberia ordered 5 A320’s ( May 3) , so those exLCY A318’s have not been ordered yet.

Probably Iberia had a better option from BA and BA took advantage of it.

http://www.airbus.com/en/corporate/orders_and_deliveries

Scroll down the page.

Potakas

continentalclub
    Participant

I can’t immediately locate the document that you reference Potakas, but it’s worth noting that all orders to Airbus are ‘family-based’.

So, orders are always expressed as A320, with the customer not making the final decision on the exact variant until the components are nearing the production line.

At this point, the customer can choose to confirm A318, A319, A320 or A321.

Potakas
    Participant

I didn’t know they had this option until so close, although the initial order is for A320s.

Maybe Iberia had options for A320s and they will change it for A318s if those are for the exLCY routes.

The direct link to download it is :

http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/backstage/documents/od/June_2010.xls

Potakas

VintageKrug
    Participant

It will be interesting to see if these do indeed result in an expansion of the CWLCY route network, and additional A318s.

I think they are constrained by parking slots at LCY, however, and that could be a problem.

cromwilljudge
    Participant

An overview of British Airlines AGM 2010.

AS the AGM wound to its unsatisfactory conclusion, as nobody was actually burned at the stake, spare a thought for the new recruits trekking from the now closed crew assembly camps at Ulan Bator.

When we last left them 20,000 Mongol tribesmen who are the backbone of the new BA ” Off the Wall Experience” were stretched out in long lines across the steppes on the long march to as their banners proclaimed “Waterworld or Bust”, ( Waterworld is British Airlines HQ ), swigging bottles of Guinness as laid down in chairman Will-Hee’s little red book. Unfortunately the long march took its toll and now only 15,000 are camped out in the pampered lawns of the new Garden of Eden known as Waterworld.

The surrounding countryside has been enriched with the smell of their socks drying over open fires of Yak dung and the sight of them trying on their new uniforms stark naked along the Bath Road.

The Holy One commented at the AGM that the cost savings on the new contract rate of three roubles a month, as much raw meat as you can get in a crew bag and two discounted tickets on a slow camel train back home twice a year were phenomenal and all board members were looking at big bonuses next year. Many of our regular First and Club passengers are, as we speak, practising asking for “a large gin and tonic”, in Mongolian.

At least that’s what it sounded like when told the news of BA’s latest brainwave.

CharlieBrown
    Participant

The currency of Mongolia is the Tugrik, not the Rouble. Anyway I regularly ask for a large Gin & Tonic in English. BA are always happy to oblige.

Potakas
    Participant

If i remember correct only on this thread we mentioned the G-BUSH.
    From a webpage i copy this info :

14th January 2011 – A320 G-EUYK delivered.
    Airbus A320 G-EUYK was delivered from Toulouse to London Heathrow today. The arrival of this machine is expected to spell the end for fellow A320 G-BUSH.

So i believe this is the end for one of the oldest A320s.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls