BA Investor Day Presentation 21 May 2010

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

• Potakas
    Participant

I fell pity for my self… I should notice that one.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes, an opportunity missed; though a small hint, you might want to double check your post about Emirates……. 😉

And you were doing so well…. 🙂

Potakas
    Participant

pfffffff

VintageKrug
    Participant

New 777, BA first 777ER, is rolling off the production line next week.

VintageKrug
    Participant

And with yet more prescience:

– booking trends are damaged during specific strike dates, but they do recover strongly during normal running. Still concerned about brand erosion, WW said he does “have plans to rectify this after the action is complete”. SALE OF THE CENTURY on its way after the strike??

starting Thursday. Though doesn’t look that good to me…

London Gatwick to Montego Bay from £1099 (saving up to £356)
    London Gatwick to Barbados from £1499 (saving up to £615)
    London Gatwick to Bermuda from £1999 (saving up to £933)
    London Heathrow to Rio de Janeiro from £2399 (saving up to £767)
    London Gatwick to Sharm El Sheikh from £849 (saving up to £239)
    London Heathrow to Delhi from £1299 (saving up to £446)
    London Heathrow to Cape Town from £2549 (saving up to £642)
    London Heathrow to Hong Kong from £2299 (saving up to £493)
    London City to Palma or Ibiza from £299 (new BA CityFlyer routes launched May 21)
    London Gatwick to Rome from £249 (saving up to £35)
    London Gatwick to Thessaloniki from £289 (saving up to £37)

Another prediction comes true. Just call me Nostradamus 😉

Potakas
    Participant

Do you have any link for this offer?

I’ll just call you VK 😉

cheers,

Potakas

continentalclub
    Participant

Potakas: there won’t be a link until the fares themselves are loaded. In theory, this could be at any time on Thursday.

I’m sure that someone will be along to let BT Forum readers know just as soon as the system is updated!

Travellator
    Participant

Savings arent that great.

Anybody doing these dates will probably have booked already – HKG at 2299 is achievable most of the year if you dont mind messing about with dates.

Its going to need more than this to recover confidence, also the threat of more summer strikes albeit likely to be less of an impact.

Still waiting for a refund for downgrade CE to ETraveller, BA has had my money since March !!

More and more airlines are adding increased service to attract PAX whilst BA are downgrading their onboard service just read some of the threads on SkyTrax

Potakas
    Participant

I was searching ba’s orders on boeing’s web page

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/index.cfm?content=customerselection.cfm&pageid=m15524

and it seems that BA has placed only two orders for the -300ERs.

Is this actually real ? I understood from the pdf that they should be more.

I was wondering why BA is buying new A320’s when at the same time stores some of them?

Regards

Potakas

VintageKrug
    Participant

As I recall, four of the six 777-300ERs on order are to be leased aircraft from GE Commercial.

Potakas
    Participant

Correct.. Any ideas in my question about the A320’s?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Some of the A320s are pretty venerable, having been ordered by British Caledonian in the late 1980s.

As a consequence, though we think of the A320 as a relatively “new” aircraft, in fact some of these BA examples are over 20 years old, hence the need to start retiring them.

The nasty (and interestingly named) G-BUSH is the dog of the shorthaul fleet, having been in service since 1989 and I for one will be pleased to see the back of it. Despite this, the average age of the A320s is 6.6 years.

More info on fleet age etc. here:

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/British%20Airways-active-a320.htm

I don’t think any further BA orders will be announced at this Farnborough; BA simply doesn’t yet have certainty over future cashflow, has existing spare capacity, is already taking delivery of 777s, and soon A380s and 787s. BA is about to merge with Iberia from whom it may use some capacity too and is active on the long term lease market, all of which suggests it would be curious to announce new orders right now.

I would hope for a few 747-8 or A350XWB orders next year. It would be a shame if BA stopped flying the 747.

There is a small possibility of a brace of A318s being announced for the LCY longhaul market, but this would more likely be a conversion of existing A320 options.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I suppose the interesting registrations are noticed more. I seem to have used G-BUSH more than my fair share. As for it being the”the nasty’…..and….’dog of the shorthaul fleet’, having flown that aircraft within the last week, I wonder what the basis for your comments are. If the comments had been about the crew, I may have understood!!!

wanula1
    Participant

BA will be taking at least 4 Airbus short haul aircraft from an order that Iberia made. Its not yet clear whether they will be leased to BA or transfered through some mechanism.

VintageKrug
    Participant

That’s interetsing I was not aware of that wanula1.

Was that announced at Farnborough?

And are these going to be the A318s needed to expand exLCY longhaul services?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls