BA Heathrow T3 arrivals lounge changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

• TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Rferguson

Entirely agree with your comments – may have posted something similar. Not everyone would want to use T5 and have the hassle of the car transfer – or use the arrivals lounge. But if I paid several thousand for a F ticket I’d want to use T5 facilities at least on way out. Maybe just advise that anyone using T5 for a T3 flight needs to check in at least 90 minutes before departure (otherwise you’d head straight to T3 anyway if not using T5 First facilities). Can’t cost that much – would perhaps even enhance the service delivery for T3 F customers as the car transfer may be quite interesting (maybe not!). More impotantly it will keep high revenue customers onside – otherwise in danger of a dam bursting moment with top clients.

Cwyfan
    Participant

Is it possible to check in, with luggage, at T5 for a T3 flight?

openfly
    Participant

Rferguson…….we planned on trying the Cathay F and the AA lounge but…….our connecting flight from AMS was 3 hours late into T5!!!! So we didn’t get further that T3 First for an hour….which was definitely long enough. ;-((

rferguson
    Participant

kmcottrell – no it’s not. If you have a T3 departure you need to check in @ T3.

Openfly – Ohhh you were missing NOTHING by not making it to the AA Flagship lounge! The first time I went in I actually asked the AAngel where the Flagship Lounge bit was – I thought I was in the Admirals Club! Felt a fool when she said ‘you are standing in it’. It is pretty poor. The CX F lounge is nice although quite small. I’ve only been in there at breakfast time and it’s been very quiet.

DO send your feedback to BA. I know it often feels like you are peeing in the wind by complaining to them but they do monitor ‘trends’ in complaints,

These are my personal opinions only.

Cwyfan
    Participant

If I am travelling first class to the US from T3, does that give me access to the CX first lounge?

rferguson
    Participant

Under OW rules yes it does kmcottrell. CX can refuse you on the grounds of capacity constraints but apart from that you are entitled to use it.

SenatorGold
    Participant

The CX First lounge is definitely the lounge to choose if you have access. I’ve used it twice in the evening after 7pm and on both occasions it’s been quiet. There is a good view out on to the apron and runway. The food offering is not that great but they do serve Veuve Cliquot which is my favourite. I was last there last month whilst awaiting the Qantas flight to Sydney at 9.25pm. The BA First lounge was busy by comparison. I suppose the CX lounge could become busier now with more BA flights operating out of T3. However the lounge receptionist advised me that the CX lounges would be closed soon for refurbishment. I guess they will direct pax to the BA lounges.

openfly
    Participant

Rferguson….oh I have…twice!!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls