Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think it is a sign of the times when the vegetarian option was the most popular and was the first dish where supplies ran out.

The picture was not attached.

AP_Traveller
    Participant

I recently travelled from LHR to Dubai, returning from Abu Dhabi with BA and experienced what seemed like an Egg festival.

On landing into Dubai we were offered an egg/smoked salmon roll. On landing into LHR from AD we were offered either an omlette breakfast or scrambled eggs.

I don’t even like eggs, so I went hungry for both flights!

handbag
    Participant

“VintageKrug – 11/08/2011 08:50 GMT

If the cabin temperature is outside acceptable ranges, SAY SOMETHING THERE AND THEN.

Crew are very capable of sorting it, and bleating about discomfort after the fact isn’t going to make your flight any more comfortable.”

As Crew I am more than happy to move the temperature when someone asks (and often when they don’t and I or another Crew notice).

Each section of the aircraft is a different zone and the temperature can be controlled seperately.

777 temperature system seems much more stable and the set temperature seems to stay put for the flight, so don’t have to alter that much. Although I can say 100% I would never do a long haul flight and not have to alter the temperature in some way.

747 are a totally different matter and even more so recently, I have found that the system often has a will of it’s own. It is set and then moves on it’s own Somethimes it works well. Mostly this will be that it is much warmer than is showing. I can assure you on several flights recently I have insisted the captain come and feel the temp down the back for himself as I have found it totally unacceptable and by moving the relevant buttons, it is not having the required effect. They have then put on packs to give an exra boost of cold air.

To add to this, on every longhaul flight , there will be one person who is objecting to the temperature when I know that on that particular occassion it is correct.

Please SAY SOMETHING THERE AND THEN and I can have a look and see if it is working correctly for you. I don’t want you to be hot or cold.

Once altered, mid flight it will take approx 15 mins to change. If it is too hot on the ground it will take much longer after take off to alter.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

handbag – 14/07/2012 10:05GMT

I know this is an open forum, but why do you decide to attack a poster by responding to a post 11 months AFTER it was written about a subject that has nothing to do with the thread.

Please either open a new thread or find a thread applicable to the moan you have in question.

EDIT – if this was not an attack, apologies.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I don’t think it was an attack – simply browsing the older threads often brings up a relevant point early on in the debate to which one wishes to respond.

All handbag is doing is re-enforcing my point about not waiting to bleat on an internet forum if something isn’t right; that applies as equally to food as it does to temperature.

handbag
    Participant

I sincerely apologise if my thread came over as an attack. That was the last thing that I had intended. I was trying to be helpful and informative. I have only made a few posts on here. My aim in any response is neither to be argumentative or attacking. I would just like to post the facts that I know to be true as a Crew Member or my personal view as a well travelled individual, both whilst working and for pleasure. I work part time as crew and have other business interest, so have travelled quite extensively.

I clicked onto recently updated posts, the thread was the latest thread to come up 10.03 and I posted at 10.05. I read the whole thread and I did not notice that the comment I responded to had been posted some time ago.

I was actually agreeing with VK. I obviously did this badly. I was also trying to explain how I would gladly help as much as I can and want to know if a passenger is uncomfortable with the temperature, but depending on the aircraft and its age, I am sometimes unable.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Pity there is not a handhake icon on here. At least handshakes are possible, United Nations watch out.

Handbag – are there published recipes around for some of the BA dishes? My two favourites over the last year are the:

*beetroot risotto

*linguine with summer vegetables

Mrs S needs to do something over the next 7 weeks!

handbag
    Participant

I didn’t think there were, but have just had a quick search on our internal intranet and nothing has come up.

I think that the closest you will get to knowing the ingredients is a Chef Chat. No sure how detailed it will be.

If you ask the Crew on your next flight if there is one stowed with the menus (not always onboard), it gives a breakdown on what is in each meal and the presentation (more relevant in First). It is a long time since I looked at one, as I am very Senior and by choice, always work in WT rather than First and Pursers do not work in Club anymore.

You will not be able to keep it, but I would have no problem with a passenger looking at it. We use it as a reference for food allergey / I don’t like etc. and also for plating up in First.

Ed_Ward
    Participant

Handbag – you were certainly not attacking anyone and have nothing to apologise for.

Unfortunately some here use subtle bullying tactics by claiming faux outrage against less regular posters accusing them in this inst of attacking one of their clique.They do this so you will be intimidated into not making any posts which are contrary to the clique’s views in future.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

handbag, the crew did show me their reference guide to check the ingredients. Very useful.

(and further to the above post, I agree with Ed-Ward, you have nothing to apologize for Handbag).

Alasdair
    Participant

Aparently BA have changed their caterer in JNB to an even inferior source… So now even dog food might be too much to ask (even though I avoid all contact with food from BA Sth African routes). What a pity all this cost cutting methodology.

Bruce98
    Participant

So what are you saying, Alasdair, are they now serving road kill?

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s probably time to identify ways of investing still more in the passenger experience, perhaps by launching a round of redundancies to reduce excessive legacy staff costs for crew who spend to much time on forums doing down their employer!

PineapplePoint
    Participant

It has been a while since your last visit Krug so comeback and relax at PineapplePoint again. Leave your worries behind and the legacy crew alone.

http://pineapplepoint.com/

Bruce98
    Participant

Gosh, this Vintage Krug is a nice piece of work?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls