BA Executive Club security breach

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

• icenspice
    Participant

Am I the only BAEC member not to have been affected by all the above?

KarlMarx
    Participant

No, I am okay too.

Just as well, as I would not wish to be denied access to my stash of 68 Avios 😉

SimonS1
    Participant

I have any emails from BA set to go directly to my junk box, however a quick rummage and there was something a few days back still showing my 48,000 Avios so looks Ok.

Tony-UK
    Participant

So, no one from BA customer relations called back further to my call on Friday, so I called again yesterday morning (Tuesday). They were extremely apologetic and assured me someone would call back, hopefully within an hour. As of yet no call and I can still not access my BA account. It is almost three weeks now since I have been able to access my account (containing about 0.5 million Avios)…

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, Tony, I got a very apologetic reply to m previous message. But that’s it…

Dear Caron,
    While your reply makes much more sense than the previous one, it doesn’t answer a key question: How is it possible that a company like BA cannot solve a simple login issue after almost 3 weeks! This is hardly conceivable.
    In addition calling works while in Europe. But when travelling overseas, it generates horrendous phone charges. So BA.com has to work, and the sooner the better.
    Best regards

Tony-UK
    Participant

Well, I called again this morning at 10am and again apologies and was promised a return call but nothing yet. This is an unbelievable situation and suggests that BA have some real (concerning) issues with their systems.

Tony-UK
    Participant

Well, 24 hours on and still nothing from BA despite their promised to call back, that is three times I have spoken to Customer Relations. I tried to reset my password again first thing this morning and not even getting an email now… Not sure where to go from here, will write to Keith Williams to make him aware of the issue.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Gosh, the IT desk is coming to the rescue. I feel relieved. And after careful consideration, I am impressed by their creative solution. They asked me to follow this link https://www.britishairways.com/travel/forgottendetails/!

This must be a joke!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Tony, you are probably right. Next step is:
    Mr. Keith Williams, CEO
    Waterside, PO Box 365,
    Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB
    keith.x.williams @ba . com

Tony-UK
    Participant

I have tried the link and it now works for me, the email arrived almost instantly after the password reset request and I could change the password. However, no one has contacted me, an utter farce. We will never know, but I suspect that they had an issue with their nameservers. Very poor customer service…

Tony-UK
    Participant

Yes, I wrote to him at this address this morning (does the email keith.x.williams @ba . com actually work?). Have you tried https://www.britishairways.com/travel/forgottendetails/ to see if it works for you?

Swissdiver
    Participant

I did 83 times. Or may-be it was 217 times… I’ll wait another 24 hours for the 3 weeks mark.

Tony-UK
    Participant

Sorry it has not worked for you. I checked my account and all seems to be in order, I had an Ex-Gratia – Manual Avios Adjustment on the 27th March where all my Avios were debited from my account and another Ex-Gratia – Manual Avios Adjustment where they were credited back.

It really is bizarre that password reset is now working for me but not you, I suspect that the reason that it is taking so long to fix is that they are having to manually go into each account to fix whatever is broken. However, given the total lack of communication who knows…

mkcol74
    Participant

Here’s the reply I got from BA Customer Relations today:

Dear Mr @mkcol

Thank you for your email regarding the potential unauthorised activity in respect of your Executive Club account.

As soon as we became aware of the issue, we took a number of precautionary actions including changing members’ passwords and freezing the use of Avios on some accounts. We also informed the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) of the incident during the early stages of our investigation.

Our investigations are continuing, including running extra IT analysis on accounts, to help understand how these accounts were accessed. However our analysis so far has revealed that the activity which prompted us to take these precautionary steps is consistent with normal access by websites which are used by people to aggregate their frequent flyer accounts, and accordingly to which they have provided their login details. Accordingly, you should have no cause for concern.

I would like to apologise for any undue alarm or inconvenience this matter has caused.

As long as you have reset your password, you should now be able to use your account as normal.

Best regards

Kaajal Kohli
    British Airways Customer Relations

Swissdiver
    Participant

Today, after more than three weeks, a miracle occurred…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls