BA.com in yet another format.

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

It’s not a bad airline, either.

capetonianm
    Participant

[quote quote=868751]Sorry – not on my radar.[/quote]
    What does that mean?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Good question.

capetonianm
    Participant

Even my wife, who is a model of tolerance and goodwill compared to me (most people are) has had a gutful of BA’s atrocious website and how fiddly and temperamental it is.

Does this INTERNATIONAL AIRLINE (clue in the capitalised words) realise that people might sometimes wish to fly from country A, have a credit card with a billing address in country B, and actually be sitting in country C when they make a booking to travel to country D? Clearly not, since no doubt the work experience kids playing with the website have probably never left their home town, let alone country, and the management hasn’t seen fit to explain to them what an airline does and is.

When you enter the billing address country, in this case GB, it automatically changes it back to the country we are in now, and then you can’t add a GB address. The only solution is to VPN.

Pathetic. Unbelievable.

Then as we get towards the end of the process: “Oh,” she says “lovely picture of Table Mountain. It knows where we’re going”. Well I would think it damn well should, that’s not rocket science. It would be more to the point if they concentrated on user-friendly and efficient functioning than on pretty pictures.

Meanwhile, I’ve booked my next series of flights on Swiss, via their clean, functional, well-designed website, which is not full of pretty pictures and exhortations to purchase ancillary services, in business class, for £400 more than she’s paid for BA Premium Economy.

I wonder if BA realise how much goodwill and business they lose through their atrocious third world IT?

¿Alex, estas escuchando? (Pregunta retórica, obviamente.)

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Does this INTERNATIONAL AIRLINE (clue in the capitalised words) realise that people might sometimes wish to fly from country A, have a credit card with a billing address in country B, and actually be sitting in country C when they make a booking to travel to country D?

Well you are talking about BRITISH Airways, who offered an £66 discount voucher for England reaching the WC semis, but blanked Wales when they reached the same point in the 2016 Euros.

Of course Wales isn’t in England (or more precisely the London conurbation), so it can’t be part of Britain 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls