British Airways Catering

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

Now that Eurostar has now reinstated full catering on its services when will BA do the same? I recognize that dishes may need to be covered but surely this would help to get premium cabins full again and save jobs at Do & Co or is it another cost-cutting operation from BA? many other airlines now have restored full service in all classes.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Flyboy18
    Participant

Which airlines have restored a full service?

FormerBA
    Participant

Some airlines, notably QR made very few changes to the on board procedures.

BA served the following to me in Club Europe last week. This level of disregard for customers has little to do with safety of customers or their staff and everything to do with be mean and grasping.

BA Club Europe As Presented

The brown sludge thing is also provided to passengers in F as one of a trio of deserts. Personally I thought it was ghastly.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Malachi1
    Participant

MOST Premium carriers have restored full service as of July/Aug. I can name KLM, Lufthansa, and Virgin, along with others like Delta, American, United and MANY Others.

BA is using this as an opportunity to drastically cut costs “Due to covid” Well, “due to Covid”, I along with many others will not be flying them long haul in J.

4 users thanked author for this post.

norbert2008
    Participant

So seen so many online reviews and videos over the last month of almost full tray service, wines, etc on numerous airlines now. Virgin LH, Austrian, CX, etc. Still no news from BA and over 2,000 job losses at Do&Co too. So much for helping the economy.

anyonebutba
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010010][/postquote]

its Blatant Cost Cutting from BA, theres no other excuse for it!! no way BA!

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1010059]its Blatant Cost Cutting from BA, theres no other excuse for it!! no way BA![/quote]

with so many redundancies, wages still to pay, aircraft to maintain and LOST REVENUE, seems like a good idea to me…. 🙂

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010060][/postquote]

Self prophesying circle give visibly less service, people dont fly with your airline profits reduce cut more services etc etc etc

anyonebutba
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010061][/postquote]

Even more reason not to turn low cost, when far better options at lower fares available, and with staff that are not distracted by the huge job losses, when the idiot at the top get a whopping £800,000 or so bonus, just backwards business. all current routes especially long haul have options where you get service on board, rather than a cold box flung at you , my trips are not with Airways 🙂 bye bye BA

Stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=1006330][/postquote]

Cathay was full service on LHR-HKG and HKG to SGN last week

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1010061]Self prophesying circle give visibly less service, people dont fly with your airline profits reduce cut more services etc etc etc[/quote]

[quote quote=1010062]Even more reason not to turn low cost, when far better options at lower fares available, and with staff that are not distracted by the huge job losses, when the idiot at the top get a whopping £800,000 or so bonus, just backwards business. all current routes especially long haul have options where you get service on board, rather than a cold box flung at you , my trips are not with Airways 🙂 bye bye BA[/quote]

Currently, it’s not so much about ‘people dont fly’ rather people cant fly! I know Dubai is open, but where else can British Airlines fly passengers ex UK, that justifies full 3 course meal catering services. Expectations need to be managed during this COVID 19 ONGOING Pandemic.

The locos are also not exempt from mass redundancies…

FaroFlyer
    Participant

This is what this forum is all about. Moaning about British Airways catering.

The good old days are back!

3 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

BA PLC

Bring A Packed Lunch, Chap.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010077][/postquote]

By the sounds of it faroflyer, what catering ??????

Roa1
    Participant

FormerBA

I can’t understand the point you are making posting a picture of a cellophane wrapped product without describing what’s “in it”?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls