BA Cancellations

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Arriving back from LAX with Virgin into LHR, I had LHR – ABZ booked to get back to Scotland with BA. They cancelled so I rebooked LHR – EDI, a couple of weeks later they cancelled this too. I landed at 12:30 and the next flight from LHR to Scotland was 20:20.

So, car to LGW and Easyjet to EDI and I was at least back home at a reasonable hour. Not the most convenient but neither was hanging around LHR for 8 hours.

AOTG.

FormerBA
    Participant

BA simply abuse their monopoly on UK domestic flying.

It will not change and losing British Midland on these vital domestic routes was a disaster for consumers.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[postquote quote=1230417]

I remember in the days of BD travellers would find the former would do its utmost to operate domestic flights in bad weather whereas BA would give up.

For a while domestic travellers had Little Red as competition …

DerekVH
    Participant

It was in August 1983 when BA launched “super shuttle” in response to growing competition on the GLA/LHR route from British Midland. On the day of the launch BA put 3 Concorde’s on the route with 567 of the 600 seats occupied for the return flights (courtesy of the Glasgow Herald). Obviously nobody else can get this route to pay which is unfortunate. I am travelling up tomorrow but I have decided to drive!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Indeed DerekVH.

Paisley has a black and while photograph of the occasion.

3 Concordes in Paisley

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls