BA apologises for delaying in-flight showing of Hapless sitcom

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• FDOS
    Participant

This topic causes me to reflect on the portability of humour.

What may be generally regarded as humourous in the UK, may not travel well.

I have not seen the programme, so will make no further comment.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@justloveflying, please re read your original post and explain how you justify the comment I highlighted.

“the feelings of the mainly Muslim passengers is being overlooked”

A statement like that needs to be justified, but in any case, why on earth is it relevant, whether the airline shows a comedy or not?

The one common denominator all the different voices and opinions on this forum have agreed, is that politics and religion have no place being discussed on these pages.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Absolutely, it’s BT’s forum and the content is their IP so they can do what they like. I just think it is worth them restating their policy.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Martyn, I agree but it’s worse than that in my opinion.

As well as applying the words “insensitive and inappropriate” to the Jewish religion, making a non-existent connection between a show set in London with what’s going on in the Middle East, he goes on to impute prejudice and hatred among Muslims and asserts that they will be offended with by the presence of fictional Jewish characters on their TV screen.

2 users thanked author for this post.

DanielRawson
    Participant

Why even bring this discussion here? It’s so emotive, everyone has a stance on the situation in Middle East and most not for changing. I doubt anyone on here is doing to change their mind because of anyones point of view here. Surely better to debate it on twitter where there is nothing much else to read at the moment and enjoy the forum for what it is.

2 users thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

My view is very much many companies are pushing their “values” on the consumer or bend to tiny minorities knowing the masses will just shrug. As consumers in return as much as possible we have a choice once we know the companies values, to use or not to use. for many people these “values” are as much part of the decision making as cost and product and there are several posters here who for many years will not use the ME3 out of principle. Personally if a company engages in acts or Values i do not agree with then it is important to me to know. There are certain brands I will not use based solely on their stance on certain issues and pushing “the message”

4 users thanked author for this post.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi all – a reminder to keep to business-travel related topics and avoid political posts. We’re going to close this thread to new comments as I think everyone has had a chance to have their say… and I really don’t fancy having to moderate the thread while eating my roast turkey 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘BA apologises for delaying in-flight showing of Hapless sitcom’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls