BA 318 ‘One year to go’

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

In view of the London Olympics, BA has placed signage on the underbelly of one of the London City A 318 aircraft.

Great idea … just such a small font.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Potakas
    Participant

I would expect a 747 on London 2012 Livery…

Danwolf
    Participant

Well, I guess it isn’t as bad as when they decided to paint various ‘facias’ on the tails of their aircrafts…at least its only one plane…

JordanD
    Participant

Wow, such negativity.

The idea – if you read the press – was to have it fly over the London 2012 site on take off from LCY to be photographed by the media present.

Those of you who have followed the Great Britons campaign (closing tonight), will know that people have been asked to submit why they should help design ‘plane wraps’ (I assume vinyls) which will be used by BA next year. In fact, judging by the Royal Academy of Arts will be so quick that the winner will be announced on 21st August and the production of the vinyls will start on 22nd August, with the 12 ‘covered’ aircraft plying their trade from February next year. (Source: Great Britons website).

I assume this will be a number of different aircraft types, not least whichever aircraft flies to Athens/Olympia to pick up the flame.

Binman62
    Participant

Danwolf…it was an Idea well ahead of its time and was pretty much thought as brilliant outside of England.

JordanD….have found the Great Britons web site but nothing on plane wraps, can you direct to a web site.

Bullfrog
    Participant

@JordanD

The idea is a great one … just look at the belly of arriving or departing Emirates’ aircraft.

The font size that has been used on the BA aircraft seems too small.

Danwolf
    Participant

@ Binman: agree from an objective point of view. Had me turning my head at heathrow hoping I could ‘spot them all,’ but thought quite a few of them were just ‘naff.’ Perhaps I’ve been living in the UK far too long…on the plus side, it resulted in the one they have today (which was my favourite)

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Danwolf…it was an Idea well ahead of its time and was pretty much thought as brilliant outside of England. “

I’m please someone else thinks this, I thought they were a brilliant symbol to present to global clients.

JordanD
    Participant

@Binman – I may have misread vinyls from somewhere else; it appears they will actually paint the planes (‘use the plane as a canvas’).

https://www.greatbritons.ba.com/about_paint

Binman62
    Participant

JordanD…looks cool…
    ….

VintageKrug
    Participant

When the 747s are “painted” I think it will look great. Though they don’t normally “paint” the aircraft, it’s just decals which will be used.

The size of the sign on the A318 was feeble – could have been a lot more impressive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls