Another case of Not to Fly, and Not to Serve

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

• first_class_please
    Participant

Stormin – if your onward flight was on a separate ticket, BA have zero responsibility for your missed connection. They only have to get you to your final ticketed point, I.e Bahrain.

While this doesn’t help, it would appear booking via an agent to issue a single ticket, or booking the same airline for all flights, such as Qatar Airways (oneworld partner) would have been the way to go.

andystock
    Participant

BA have only themselves to blame most of them 747 should be sitting in a desert somewhere and are well past their sell by date. I would not book a flight on one especially in the middle east when you look at the new fleets of Emirates, Etihad, Qatar.

The BA 747 is stuck in the 90’s, we are now in 2014.

BugAdvisor
    Participant

@ Ian_from_HKG
    Yes – I think he did well getting EUR600 as that’s more than the EU rule. My guess is the operator decided that it was long-haul and didn’t check the mileage. I hadn’t seen that post when I posted my reply.

KarlMarx
    Participant

@Bugadvisor

Kilometres are only 5/8ths of a mile. 2,940 miles is a lot more than 3,500kms.

Therefore, you are wrong and the entitlement is 600€.

You need to read your own website 😉

SimonS1
    Participant

@Karl Marx

“Miles are only 5/8ths of a kilometre”.

Really??? When I went to school a mile was 1.60 kilometres.

KarlMarx
    Participant

Think you might just have missed the real point, SimonS1. have a nice evening at the institute of pedants.

SimonS1
    Participant

Moral of the story – when you jump in to correct others, tell them they are wrong and need to check their blogs, it’s always right to have your own facts straight first. Avoids egg on face etc.

KarlMarx
    Participant

Moral of the story, focus on the important things.

SimonS1
    Participant

We already were – the OP had their compensation.

KarlMarx
    Participant

The important thing was the incorrect statement that a flight of 2,940 miles would only qualify for 400€ compensation.

SimonS1
    Participant

The OP has already stated they received €600 so that is neither here nor there. Or perhaps the person at the airline also didn’t know how many kilometres there were in a mile?

KarlMarx
    Participant

It is ‘here or there’ for anyone reading the assertion about 400€ being due, some posts after the confirmation of 600€ being received, still if you prefer to be a pedant on an obvious typo, rather than try to supply the correct compo information for others, good luck to you. Perhaps you can count the number of olives in your next starter on Emirates and see if they are correct?

SimonS1
    Participant

I love it when people jump in to forcefully to tell others they are wrong, get their facts all wrong in the process and then get all disgruntled. We should have had a Saturday morning humour thread for it.

Flying on SAA today, they don’t do olives, however let’s hope when fuelling up that the pilot knows whether a mile is five eights of a kilometer or 1.6 kilometers 😉

KarlMarx
    Participant

SAA?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

SimonS1
    Participant

You can’t get from Harare to Johannesburg on Emirates, Karl.

Not without going via Dubai.

And that’s a lot of miles. And even more kilometers. But hang on though, is that more or less kms on the Karl Marx scale?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls