AMS lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Montysaurus
    Participant

Can the regulars advise me on paid-for lounges in Schipol please.

AircraftLover
    Participant

The Schengen KLM Business Lounge is across an AMS airport public open terrace, perfect for plane spotting and fresh air.

Is a very big lounge, with a big eating area, and a big and comfortable sitting lounge area.

The KLM staff at the reception is very friendly, polite and helpful (as always)

The long-haul KLM Lounge (once you go through the international passport control) has gone through a complete renovation last month and is a very nice lounge.

If you are flying long-haul that is a perfect place to rest, work, refresh, and eat.

AMS is a very crowded airport, every day at every hour.

I have not been at any Star Alliance Lounge at AMS

I hope this can help you

I hope you enjoy your time in AMS

Edski777
    Participant

I concur with AircraftLover that the new KLM lounge on the non-Schengen side is indeed quite impressive.

Star alliance still uses the Aspire lounge. This lounge I find much less impressive, often overcrowded and the F&B offering is quite minimal.
    BA has its own lounge, but I have not had the pleasure of using it.

I read Star alliance has opened a lounge on the Schengen side of the airport, but I have also not used it yet.

For more info: https://www.amsterdamtips.com/schiphol-airport-lounges

fatbear
    Participant

I wasn’t aware you could pay to enter the KLM lounges at Schiphol ?

2 users thanked author for this post.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

[quote quote=926571]BA has its own lounge, but I have not had the pleasure of using it.[/quote]

It’s pretty poor. Staff are nice, though.

TominScotland
    Participant

Fatbear, I am sure that you cannot pay to enter either the KLM or BA lounge. Posters seem to have missed the point of Montysaurus’ question.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=926758]Fatbear, I am sure that you cannot pay to enter either the KLM or BA lounge. Posters seem to have missed the point of Montysaurus’ question.[/quote]

Actually you can pay in points to access the KLM lounge in AMS. Well at least you could a couple of years ago.

TominScotland
    Participant

Maybe, Swissdiver, but I don’t think that is what the poster had in mind

Montysaurus
    Participant

I am not flying BA so can’t use my EC status to get in there and I have no KLM status so need a public paid for lounge. It is quite possible that the Forum posters having various airline statuses do not use public lounges which is understandable.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=927127]Maybe, Swissdiver, but I don’t think that is what the poster had in mind[/quote]

Probably not, Tom. That said, KLM Crown lounges are accessible against payment: https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/prepare_for_travel/at_the_airport/lounges/lounge_access_policy.htm

DiamondDad68
    Participant

There are two Aspire lounges at AMS that you can buy access for. I’ve quite often used the non-schengen one next to the BA lounge and its on a par with the BA lounge. You can use Dragon Pass or Priority Pass to gain entry if you have either of those.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MarcusGB
    Participant

The KLM Crown Lounge (52) re-creations have taken almost 18 months, and is now on several floors.

Unless you are flying Business Class, on a KLM / AF, 1st, or a Skyteam Airline, i am not aware that you can “Buy” your way in. If you upgrade on a Skyteam flight, or travel with a Gold / Platinum or Skyteam Elite holder on the same flight, then you can enter.
    KLM have been very strict and refused many people with various Airline cards, restricting it to Skyteam and Elite members. UK flights being Non-Schengen, can use this lounge if Gold, Platinum, Skyteam Elite, or Business class.

Having used it quite a few times, it does vary on the timing, but bare in mind it is used as a Skyteam Lounge for many Airlines at AMS. V busy for American and South American flights especially before midday, but early morning many people arrive in to fly further and transit. So it is used in a different way for those having showers, and more rest, breakfast, refreshing facilities, having flown overnight. Bar and alcohol is upstairs.
    They have not yet opened all floors, but it is a tremendous lounge, zoned for different purposes, stylish, colourful, and currently on 3 floors. Already at times, very crowded on the one floor that seems to serve hot foods and more a selection of places to eat and drink. It will need re-balancing when all open for its function, as one floor is more populated.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Marcus, https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/prepare_for_travel/at_the_airport/lounges/lounge_access_policy.htm (posted yesterday) is very clear. A basic FB eco flyer can access the lounge for a fee (admittedly currently not between 7:30 and 11:00am).

Ahmad
    Participant

[quote quote=927447]Marcus, https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/prepare_for_travel/at_the_airport/lounges/lounge_access_policy.htm (posted yesterday) is very clear. A basic FB eco flyer can access the lounge for a fee (admittedly currently not between 7:30 and 11:00am).[/quote]

The note says even non-FB members can buy access and FB members are eligible to a discount. Whether the rule is applied or not one can’t say!

MarcusGB
    Participant

If you Fly Skyteam, and subject to capacity levels at the time it seems…?

Having a specific FFP and Airline Lounge is difficult to manage overall, if you know the travellers who can have access, but completely unpredictable as to who else may turn up to buy in? It is signed through the airport “By Invitation only”!
    Being the main Skyteam Lounge for their AMS hub, they will have a very clear plan for its use and needs generally, and the daily number of guests who will access.

This is the case with the “No 1” lounge in LHR T3 used by a few Airlines, but anyone can buy in, Often it is completely full, with people standing even, when i have used it for Oman Air, or Garuda last year. It is not a huge space, and after a certain time just impossible to find a table or seat for 1/2 people even.Very loud, cramped and simply not enough capacity.

I am more than happy to clarify with the KLM team in AMS Lounge 52 CL this weekend, as i am taking China Airlines down to Sydney ( try out their new Premium Business suites, and A350).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls