Amazing US business class deals with IB (from Paris !)

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Ian,

Frankly ,I have not tried the new AA business class product but is it not only on the 777-300ER so far ??
    I was evoking the old AA product …
    Happy to hear that another good product is airborne !
    The North Atlantic corridor is just missing lovely CX to ply a LHR JFK to raise the bar .
    Am an Openskies fan by the way .

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello SergeantMajor,

I managed to quote the fares on Iberia.com using openskies service and IB longhaul but just to NyC …is that fare still applicable to LA?????
    Have you tried to quote it so far???
    Thanks

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello Esselle,

Don t expect the longhsul service standards to be implemented on a short haul leg even if you are flying a longhsul aircraft ..but sad u did not receive a good service !
    I recall flying often btw Zurich and Heathrow on Swissair s MD11 on the morning flight out ….superb by all standards and standing the chance of being accommodated in the First Class cabin for top tier frequent flyers too……how civilized !,,,

IanFromHKG
    Participant

KSHaggag – , yes, just the 777-300ER but also coming (as First) on the new Airbus transcons

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks Ian,

Yeah I know the A321 will ply the transcontinental from JFK to LAX and SFO ….exciting ….

Brentford77
    Participant

Seems to be dead. I was getting fares 48hrs ago but no luck today when I was about ready to book… 🙂

KSHaggag
    Participant

Yep ..it has already passed away! Like all tactical promos ,they have a rather short booking window until designated seats are sold out .

TabTraveller
    Participant

@Brentford
    Whilst it may seem obvious, when you see a flight at a price you like then my rule is to always book it straight away or at least put a hold on it. You usually have a 24h cooling off period anyway where you can cancel without penalty. As with this deal, offers can and do disappear without notice.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

@TabTraveller

US rules and EU rules are different re: cooling off periods.

Some companies in Europe, e.g. BA, accept a cancellation (due to error) within 24 hours of a web booking only, others do not.

There is no legal provision for a cooling off period.

TabTraveller
    Participant

Yup good point FDoS. I think IB was allowing a 24h hold on these flights though?

Also worth bearing in mind that whilst BA allow a cooling off period due to “mistake” this isn’t defined anywhere so it practically means a right to cancel for nay reason within 24h so long as flights are booked online.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Yes, IB allow you to hold a flight for 24hrs, not sure if that is only for members of IB Plus though. If you have to canx a BA flight within 24hrs after booking, it is always best to say you made an error and you will book again! That IB deal was fantastic though, but I had already booked for Miami in February, and I think I got a fantastic deal. LIS/LHR/MIA/MAD/LIS all with BA/IB in J except LHR/MIA which is in BA First – all for 2140,00 EUR!! Must think of a new handle to use after that flight.

Brentford77
    Participant

Thanks. Strange as it may seem, I have made the odd booking before. On this occasion I was unable to confirm my plans in a 24hr window. Also, as other posters point out, there appears to be no consistency on cooling off periods. I am Gold on BA and have used theirs several times but given that the IB (FR) website is only available in French and Spanish, I wasn’t about to spend an hour trying to find and interpret the small print!

If a similar offer comes back soon, can someone update this thread?

Best to all…

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

That´s a shame Brentford77 as you didn´t just have to use the French website. Offer available on Spanish page just changing language to English and entering point of departure Paris.

TabTraveller
    Participant

@Brentford
    Better to keep track of some of the FlyerTalk BA threads as these tend to be a bit faster to be updated than BT with this sort of thing. The offer was originally running from early Nov I think. And yes, it was available on the English version of IB’s website – that’s how I booked my flights!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentlemen,

I find it rather frustrating that airlines do not notify their top tier customers about new promos and actions …they just forget that those loyal customers will most probably be tempted and book without shopping around much …in some cases ,thx fare will be so attractive that a lot of people will just make up an itin and go for a short much needed break !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls