Air France B777-200ER (Config. 2) Premium Voyageur (Premium economy)

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• Vertrek
    Participant

It is narrower by 0.5″ which is nothing really.
    I do understand that it is cramp and I think that is why I will travel only in their PE.

But having said that, I think the reason why they put 10 abreast is cultural. French and NZer are mostly petite in size, therefore pitch is more favourable than width and by doing this, they can offer a more competitive price and more availability for economy redemptions.

It is a theory, but who knows.

Anyway, have a good flight to DXB, if you can, try their PE as it is a really nice seat, also, booked the window seat in advance so that you can have extra space to put your stuff in the window compartments.

Safe Travel,

MD

craigwatson
    Participant

to get back to the original poster complaint. “I flew from Paris to Amsterdam and back and I was seated in Economy….again, unacceptable when I paid for Premium Economy…” considering there is no such thing as premium economy in europe, then what did you expect? you didnt pay for something and not recieve it, your prem econ ticket was priced based on the fact the it was standard econ between paris and amsterdam.

LeTigre
    Participant

I am indeed very looking forward to trying out the A380 products in eco and biz, which I have heard are a great improvement.

Thank you for your compliments, Vertrek.

joannasf
    Participant

Mr Watson….if what you say is true, and I have no doubt it is, wouldn’t you think that AF would have notified me of this??? One more shortcoming of this pitiful airline.

Mr. Vertrek….it sounds to me like you either work for AF or just haven’t flown them enough to really experience some of my complaints….I’d like to hear from you after your next flight…like I said…it’s only a matter of time…..

Vertrek
    Participant

Hi Joanna,

As i mentioned, I’ve only booked them once and all 4 flights were taken in the past 4 weeks both intra Europe and Transatlantic.

When you stated that CDG asked for $50 entrance fee, why is it US$? considering Paris is using EUR? As a premium economy passengers flying from JFK to LHR via CDG, I can get into CDG lounge for free and yes, I need to pay $50 if I’d like to enter the one in JFK.

And to back up Mr Watson comment, Premium Economy Europe refer to Fully-Flexible Economy class ticket, in AF jet it is the same as economy class seat but you get the business class meals and lounge entrance in Paris. But not for KLM as they don’t offer PE ticket nor cabin.

I wouldn’t mind to work for AF and KLM, however my degree is not in Business and it’s related field. 🙂

So, Joanna, which airlines do you favour? And as you said “it’s only a matter of time” how often do you fly with AF to actually really sure that I am going to dislike them?

joannasf
    Participant

Hi V…….It most certainly was at the CDG airport where I was denied entry to the lounge, not once, but twice, without paying a fee….I think it was 35 euros and when I converted it it was close to $50.00. I have been to Paris 15 times and I flew Air France 7 times…..not because I love them, but because their scheduling was convenient for me. And, my favorite airline for Premium Economy is Virgin Atlantic….It’s amazing..try it sometime….Have a swell day…joanna

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Hi Joanna

I don’t think the Frogs appreciated being called ‘Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys’ by one of (I assume, so apologies if I am wrong) countrymen.

They have been known to invent special rules for people they do not like.

Pierre
    Participant

Dear all,
    Always funny to see some anti French posts.
    Joanna, sorry if you experienced bad services with AF, usually they explain rules do’s and don’t a simple way. Access to AF lounges dépend on the type of card you bear. I never heard about any kind of payment to access it at CDG ( or anywhere else, provided the fact that you fly first or business). The staff at the lounge checks the class of travel/card level, not if you got upgraded ( they have no access to this info).

Regarding the 777 loading almost 500 pax, they fly to French DOS only, not on international routes, so, unless you travel on these routes, you will not be ‘packed’ this way.

I am surprised with some remarks about the lack of info provided to passengers, regarding the service of their class of travel. This info is widely spread by agencies, and of course on the AF website.

I travel ab. 200 days a year, and AF is far from being on my black list, their planes are much more recent than BA or LH, the service is ok, staff professional ( even when the ITE doesn’t work, they just have to reset), and the recent heavy investments made at CDG make any transfer/departure/arrival smoother than LHR or FRA.

Enjoy your trips!

joannasf
    Participant

Oh, Pierre….I am certainly hoping that you did not think that any of my comments were intended to bash the French…The French are my FAVORITE people on the planet and if I could, I would leave America in a second to live in Paris….I was simply commenting on what I thought was a poor experience regardless of the origin of the airline. I think CDG is a very nice airport and if the hostess in the lounge rejected me based on my gratis upgrade, then it was her shortcoming and no one was to blame except her. I certainly would not make up being rejected just to “pad” my case…it really did happen, believe it or not….I was mortified and embarassed….

aerquinn
    Participant

Actually, on many of the european routes there is a dedicated Premium cabin. I cant comment on all routes within Europe, but the last time I flew BCN-CDG-SIN in PE, there most certainly was a PE equivilent on the BCN-CDG route.

aerquinn
    Participant

Joanna is absolutly correct. Lounge access for PE ticket holders comes at a fee. Sorry Vertrek, but unless you have a gold card or a Petroleum card and your traveling in PE – then your paying into the lounge.

Vertrek
    Participant

aerquinn,

my PE boarding pass for my connecting flight from CDG-LHR route grant me an access to Terminal 2E lounge in CDG without any fee, my FB status is still ivory, but it’s about to change soon, and when I decided to take a shower, I was given a set of toiletries from L’Occitane in a clear AF toiletries bag.

Safe travel.

oasis1221
    Participant

I really hope that airline officials will understand one day that long haul flights (example SFO_CDG) when passengers may need to sleep,it is important in provide one simple thing ,COMFORT.
    Somebody needs to design a thigh support-rest or simply a practical foot rest so passengers that paid extra to be treated like economy in every aspect,can afford to brag about a comfortable night sleep!

Pierre
    Participant

Dear all,
    Joanna, very sorry, I did not intend to offend anyone.
    I flew out of Paris two days ago, and asked at the lounge if upgraded passengers had to pay a fee to get access to the lounge. To my surprise, yes!! And the fee depends on the class of travel you were booked at first..starting with 35 euros. I wld keep the upgrade, and skip the lounge..

Oasis, airline officials understand passenger needs, but following them would not be this profitable. Isn’t Airbus working on a scenario where pax would be travelling almost standing ? Meaning tightly packed ? Someone at Virgin was planning to suppress windows: what comes next?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls