Air Canada Rouge – A Very Bad Experience

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• DanLee3
    Participant

Having been through many US airports, I knew that this rule applied there, however, as I have never been to or travelled through Canada before, I was unsure of what the rules may be. Therefore, when I asked the check-in agent, I was assured that not only would the bags be checked through, I would not have to re-collect them. This is the incompetence that I’m on about, as the agents in Toronto were just following procedure. In addition to this, I did have to re-check in at the United desk in Toronto, not just drop them off. This is just a huge lack of communication and knowledge between the agents in Manchester and Toronto and me being caught in the middle. This is the issue you have when you contract Servisair to do the check-in for you rather than have your own employees, as the Servisair ones don’t know the procedures in different airports and countries. I apologise if I didn’t get that across very well earlier on, there was rather a lot I had to complain about haha. And from what I worked out on the flight, they are a member of Star Alliance and therefore they should add points, but this being Rouge, they probably won’t.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Dan,

BrootherJim is partly right and this sounds suspiciously like badly trained outsourced handling agents at Manchester, who don’t know that you pre clear US customs and immigration at YYZ,not just clear Canada customs .

In your complaint letter to AC you might suggest they get training from the EI staff based in Manchester who will be well versed at transiting passengers through DUB

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Well, the return YYZ to MAN lat night was much better than the outbound. Hot food on a hot plate.

A tip for anyone travelling in Premier Rouge – Do NOT choose seating in row 1 (as I did outbound) – there is no legroom at all. Coming back last night I switched seating to row 2 – a huge difference in the ability to stretch out.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls