Advice on Caribbean destinations

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

If you stay around Grand Anse beach, you are only about 10 minutes from the airport ( BA twice a week and VS once I believe, both have a short stop on the way), which is small and easy. All the places listed in my earlier posting I went to for Business, but of all these Grenada would be my first choice for a holiday.

The Coyaba is well located and quite reasonable when I have visited, with a nice vibe.

How long are you planning on staying there? There are two much smaller islands, but suggest you get the Bradt travel guide on Grenada, which I think is the only quality dedicated guide book.

Bear in mind that a few years ago the island was devastated by a hurricane, which affected over 80 percent of buildings, as well a some of the rainforest. If you travel around the island there are lots of things to see and do, and bear in mind it is not called the spice island for nothing (+ nutmeg).

Of, and if swimming in the sea, make sure you have goggles, was very close to a lionfish there!

Also as mentoned in an another post, with LIAT is is easy to have a two centre holiday just to see another place while in the area.

Potakas
    Participant

VK, if I was going with my girlfriend to another Concorde museum, then I should consider this as our last vacations together 😀

I will stay there for 7 nights, I found some activities (Scuba diving, deep sea fishing). I will also go to the waterfalls.

I will stay at the Grenadian by Rex Resorts.

If anyone has been satisfied by any tour operator, please tell me one. Also I need a recommendation for nice restaurant to treat my girlfriend well.

Thanks

Potakas
    Participant

Well guys I did that trip on May and I just finished my trip report.

As I can’t attach any photos here I will provide you the link with the trip report at flyertalk and we can comment here (for those that do not have a flyertalk account)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1234806-flying-ba-y-gnd.html

Thank you all for your advices,

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls