Acceptable for BA site to be down and cannot accept bookings?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Tom, I misread the article. I thought Ian was coming from Hong Kong in economy hence my commiserations.

In fact I recently flew LCY – ZRH in economy on BA in their new Embraers and I was very impressed truth be told.

Have to agree with Ian though, not worth paying the extra for a short flight which is why all my European flights are now Economy, unless there a very good business offer in Swiss, but even that doesn’t bring you extra miles anymore so unless it’s less than CHF 100 more than Y, I don’t bother.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Oh, LP. it is many years since I flew long-haul economy!!!

The sterling uplift for SWISS business over BA economy was in single digits, which made it a bit of a no-brainer, especially as the timing was better, and this way all three of them get lounge access (although the memsahib has CX status, it only gets her one guest with other oneworld airlines). However, as I said, I am still stuck in BA evonomy for my own flight, and at a cost significantly higher than the girls’ front-of-plane flights leaving London the day before – what a difference one day can make to airfares!!

canucklad
    Participant

Before the start of this working day, I thank you John Harper

” the first thing you notice is the stench”

Almost choked on my coffee ,laughing ! : )

And apolgies to you Ian, for like LP thinking you’ve slid down the social scale to have to fly in long haul goat class! : )

KarlMarx
    Participant

TominScotland – 23/04/2014 08:44 GMT

Club Europe is not restricted to European services.

TominScotland
    Participant

I know – North Africa and the ‘near’ Middle East but I think it was clear what I intended……

KarlMarx
    Participant

No, much further away than that, over 5,500 miles away from London, so your meaning was clear, but was based on flawed thinking.

TominScotland
    Participant

I confess ignorance on this one, KarlMarx.

Pray tell us, where does BA fly CE that is 5,500 miles from London?

I do hope you are not thinking of Comair services in South Africa because, unfortunately, these offer mere Club and not Club Europe as their Business product (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/baprtnr/public/en_za )

canucklad
    Participant

Probably one of the Stan countries?

TominScotland
    Participant

Kubrick or Collymore, canuklad?

I think that Bishkek, at 3,400 is probably the furthest Stan capital from London and, while BA did fly there in the past in their BMed days (I remember travelling that route) this is no longer the case.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

All of a sudden none of my BA bookings, all made on line through ba.com are being transferred to the mobile app.

any one else having problems…?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

One of my clients emailed me over the weekend with seemingly the same problem – his bookings weren’t showing on the App. But he travelled yesterday without any problems.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Tim

I was booking some ex Europe BA tickets on the web. The final sector each way on CX (HKG – BKK – HKG)…. one minute the flight was showing in business, the next in economy only. Eventually, by selecting a certain date, changing, and then changing again…. it came back in business.

Two flights booked.

BKK ex Ams….. £1300

Dub – MCO (via Phili – US AIR)….£800

Both bargains….

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls