Acceptable for BA site to be down and cannot accept bookings?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

• Binman62
    Participant

I am getting an error message when trying to change something via MMB …which is allowed ….but been going on for 3 days now.

Binman62
    Participant

I am getting an error message when trying to change something via MMB …which is allowed ….but been going on for 3 days now.

MarkCymru
    Participant

These things do sometimes work in our favour, though. SQ is a case in point. Their online ticket purchasing system is awful. It took me four tries to buy a business class ticket from SFOto DEL last month. On the other hand, it sold me the ticket for under £2,500 which was at least £1,000 cheaper than the best fare my travel agent could see on SABRE. I’ve had a similar experience on ba.com and airfrance.com frequently sells ludicrously under-priced tickets. So, I’m not sure that I want their IT systems to resolve all the glitches

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Websites fail and need maintainence, where’s the surprise in that? BA is no different to any other one.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

All very well to get an error message:

Error

We’re sorry, but ba.com is very busy at the moment, and couldn’t deal with your request. Please do try again – if it still doesn’t work, it may be better to try again at another time.

But what happens if the fare you wanted to buy at the time of the error is no longer available….

Booking attempt made 00.20 on 13th June 2013.

Hello Martyn

I too had problems about 30 minutes ago. I will leave it until the morning…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

thanks, good to know its not just me 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

magnificent…… where do you get all this shmutz and tutz ??

All now booked..

Shearer
    Participant

VintageKrug – 13/06/2013 00:33 GMT

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Love it!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

What a conceited message to receive…..

•We’re sorry, but ba.com is very busy at the moment, and couldn’t deal with your request. Please do try again – if it still doesn’t work, it may be better to try again at another time.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Well, marginally better that than a black hole. Trying to check in over the last couple of days for our Dragonair flights – I managed to check in the Offspring (who were on a separate booking) with no problems, but could not get the Memsahib and I checked in – went through the entire process, ticked all the right boxes, and so forth, and then just got a system error message at the end. This, of course, meant I wasn’t sure if it was a dodgy connection, a website error, a problem with the ticket, a busy site, or something else. So of course I kept trying. Used the KA mobile site, the CX mobile site, a link from the “time to check in” email,. logging on with my Marco Polo Club profile, logging on without that but with my booking details instead, different browsers, different devices. Gave up in the end and hoped it meant either an equipment change (no) or an upgrade (sadly, also no).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Message now changed to:

“Sorry

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.”

Suppose there is always LH, if they are not on strike….

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Have you tried using the app instead, Martyn?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Yes, been on the mobile app.

Showing low prices, but when I try to book them, it reads “Error obtaining price”.

Going to bed, will try in the morning. LH have good availability – so I know options will be there in the morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls