AA New Livery

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• PAUL0713
    Participant

Great design, thoroughly modern, and the tail fin is striking. It’s somewhat odd how similar it is in feeling to BA, but maybe it was planned as the two sit together at oneworld. Change is good-and inevitable.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Well, striking is certainly one word that applies…. (grin)

I am surprised, though, that they seem to have retained the “unpainted” approach for the fuselage. I had heard they were going to introduce fuselage paint in order to maintain uniformity across the fleet (because the 787 has a composite skin rather than aluminium). Mind you, leaving them unpainted does presumably save a tidy sum in terms of maintenance and fuel

I think it looks fabulous, and on my favourite aircraft too. I have always loved the distinctive silver.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Looks a little different and less harsh on this Boeing 737

http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Airlines/Boeing-737-823/2214582/L/

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I like it!

myspirow
    Participant

Could not be more impressed. It’s like the copycat of other airline’s rebranding…
    The tail is looking as dreadful as Landor’s approach to rebrand the tailfin of Garuda Indonesia. Just stripes of colours.
    The “American” wording: look plain as ever. They might even want to return using Arial font with Bold accent
    Gone is the stylized AA and eagle as the identity. All that’s left is an eagle with (I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be) spread of wings in red and blue???
    Bye bye all AA branding….

Elegant8
    Participant

“Change is good-and inevitable”

Not when it is poorly researched i.e. Aeroflot, Cubana & Colgan liveries…and presented as a ‘knee-jerk’ reaction in order to facilitate favor for the ‘survival’ of AA as a ‘viable’ entity….with the current management team.
    Before addressing the concerns of its Employees and Customers….

NFeldberg
    Participant

What this new paint says to me? Say bye bye to the U.S Airways brand. I see a merger announcement by the end of the month.

iBrian747
    Participant

It’s about time, one of the legacy U.S. airlines have some vibrancy in their brand! The last couple of decades saw very drab & staid designs. Even with the national colors of red, white and blue, American went with vibrant versions that really sets them apart from their completion. The simplicity of the font is bold, yet friendly and not trendy. The color of it, a sort of steely blue-gray compliments the brighter colors of the logo and the tail fin. As for there not being stars on the tail, the stylized flag is in flight and in motion; the stars are blurred into the tapestry, and nicely suggests a “forward moving” spirit. Alas, American is aptly calling it “Soaring Spirit”. My favorite part of the rebranding is the logo itself; it’s simple, yet it reveals more as you look at it, the shape mirrors that of an A, the negative space reveals a star and of course the Eagle. I like simple logos that reveal more as you look at it; once you have seen what they represent, you will always see it. This is a good design characteristic to have more than one distinctive characteristic reveal itself. The distinctiveness of the logo allows American to take some creative license & liberty with the tail. They also did a nice job selecting the silvery mica pant for the fuselage. It’s a well thought out branding (from the bag tags to the check-in counters, etc. to the aircraft) – that is fresh and bold without being trendy and I don’t miss the double AA on the tail at all. I like typographic design a lot, but never really cared for the double AA design even though it is very identifiable, I always saw Alcoholics Anonymous too. Well done, American… It’s good to see you have a vision to become the U.S. Flagship carrier that you aspire to become. It’s been a very long time in the United States to have a major airline capture that spirit and become a leader. We’ve been playing catch up to carriers outside the U.S. for far too long. The rebranding is a good solid start!

GLOBALFIRST
    Participant

This is one of the worst liveries I have ever seen. Only USAirways is worse. Design by committee? American in grey? Terrible just terrible.
    P.S. DO NOT COMPLETE THIS AND DO NOT MERGE WITH USAIRWAYS.

Jetman1962
    Participant

I think its stunningly modern and bear in mind they can’t use all metal bodies anymore, it just looks great. Lets hope it will drive their mediocre service levels and a desire for their surly staff to actually act as one would hope, with a degree of professionalism and and courtesy, not the usual indifference one has come to expect.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls