AA New Livery

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• Anonymous

BusinessBoy
    Participant

Wow… Not sure they could have made this any worse…. The tail is an horrific mess. Did they do any user feedback on this design? Maybe they only got feedback from folks in Dallas, hence the mess…

tolotaxi
    Participant

Yes, that tail is horrible! The only decent aspect is the ‘American’ writing. The ‘eagle’ is a bizarre logo.

CityRiskBoy
    Participant

This is starting to grow on me, especially the bold written on the main body and the logo up front….although I still cant help thinking looking at it it looks like a russian carrier!!

scott66
    Participant

Is it fair to assume that if AA have just done a pile of money on re-branding and a new livery the talked about tie up with US Airways isn’t going to come to anything or are they going to have to go through the entire exercise of repainting the fleet again in 18 months?

I’d got very comfortable with the tradition AA look, apparently this is the first change in over 40 years, the one thing they have kept is the Helvetica font.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Looks good shame the didn’t use any stars on the fin 🙂

passionateflyer
    Participant

Odd as it is, the new eagle is nice. The ‘American’ main body also looks good. I’m not sure how much I like the metallic paint (will have to wait and see what it looks like on the delivery aircraft).

HOWEVER, the tail fin is awful. Far too much going on. When the video showed all the planes simulated lined up with the new livery, the tail fins looked even worse one next to the other.

Well, they’ve announced it. Gonna have to wait 40 years for another revision *sigh*

Tim2soza
    Participant

I love it. Sassy, contemporary. But there again I liked the BA ethnic tailfins too.

Communipaw
    Participant

I like it….Looks nice compared to what it has been.

They will probably keep the livery if they merge with US Air. Kind of like how United kept the Continental colors.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Cool vid to go along with it

http://www.aa.com/newamerican

cityprofessional
    Participant

What do I know, I’m just a mere passenger, but I like it. The eagle is clever, neat, contemporary. Tailfin is a bit odd, but at least it’s distinctive.

More importantly, the old livery was So Eighties. OMG, how corporate and blocky and Reagan-era was the A-eagle-A. Ugh.

Big improvement, IMHO!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think the fuselage up to the tail fin is very professional looking and a superb new fresh logo.

Binman62
    Participant

I quite like it but I too also liked the BA ethnic tail fins which were decades ahead of their time.

lloydah
    Participant

Love the eagle symbol. Not sure about the tail at first sight but it’s got that “We’re American” look which I admire. Not because I admire americans per se but I admire the way they are proud of it. I wish we were more proud of our own country sometimes.

rferguson
    Participant

I’ve learned over time to reserve judgement on new airline liveries when they are first released. Sometimes when my first reaction is ‘Yuk what the hell??!!’ over time I actually come to really like it.

A perfect example is TAP. When I first saw it I thought it was hideous. I must admit it has become one of my favourites now.

I think because AA had such an iconic and classic livery that lasted for decades (unlike say UA who seemed to change theirs every six months!) people will have strong views on it.

My first reaction was not positive. I quite like the stylised eagle symbol but I think the tail fin design is way way over the top. Saying that I did have a look at some video footage on youtube and it doesn’t look AS BAD ‘in the flesh’ so to speak as it does in a static photographic image.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls