A350’s tenth anniversary

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• CheerUp
    Participant

I echo the comments on air quality/pressure.
    My only experience so far on the 350 was DFW-HEL on AY.
    Fantastic J offering and a comfortable, quiet overnight flight.

And yes the toilet with a view is a great talkign point.

Always a pleasure to transit HEL – a clean, naturally light airport.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I do enjoy the a350, but again it depends on the Airline, cabin and seat designs.

The new Air France cabin looks very smart and clever, privacy doors, if not a little clinical perhaps in colour?
    on most A350’s, I do find the “Car seat belt” uncomfortable, as it locks and stops your normal movement even leaning forwards to pick something up, and it cuts into your shoulder.

My best experience was about 2018/19, had to choose China Airlines to Australia, as it was a last minute need to be in there for an invited ceremonial event. All Airlines were 3 x the normal price, but still at an amazing £1,800 return then, and plenty seats on China Airlines, but ex Amsterdam.

Their A350 Business class was simply beautiful, along with a deep comforting warm use of colours, and a more gentle yellowish table lamp, it felt like i was sitting in a lounge not on an aircraft.
    I was very surprised to see so many of their A350s compared to other Airlines in TPE then, at least 15 i counted all incoming or outgoing.
    With the incoming flight from Amsterdam an hr late, a mad dash and the door being closed behind me, It was wonderful to see only 6 people in the Sydney bound whole Business cabin!
    That was a real treat to have no crowds or moving around, toilet anticipations, and a very personal cabin service.

I caught sight of their very pristine comfy Premium Economy in the cabin behind, which looked excellent, almost empty also.

Some photos on this review…

https://www.executivetraveller.com/china-airlines-airbus-a350-business-class-review-brisbane-taipei-london-gatwick-bne-tpe-lgw

I have also flown A350 Biz on SQ, Thai, AF with (the original design cabin and seats), but design of the best cabin and seat comfort was certainly China Airlines.
    I would not be choosing an Airline that packed people in, or had 2-2-2 as a Biz Cabin.

Sadly KLM still have 2-2-2 on their 777 fleet. Swiss have 5 across, and many LH cabins, still 2-2-2.
    Since Covid, i think Biz Cabins really have equaled that of First class now.
    If you compare Thai 1st class, an A350 current Business cabin exceeds that.

Personally my expectations are for the 1-2-1 which the A350 has, with the added space of a large aircraft.

Again the Dreamliners are great, but only if 1-2-1 in a Business class cabin, and i prefer the room of the larger 787-9/10.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls