A knee in the groin?!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

• Str8Talking
    Participant

I don’t disagree with what most of you are saying, but to be fair to WW, he hasn’t actually said, I bet you a knee in the groin that VS will not be around in five years’ time. I believe the exact quote was:

“I don’t think a million pounds would hurt him. I don’t have a million pounds – so a knee in the groin, maybe – I’m sure that would be just as painful for him as me.”

The way I read it, he just used it as an analogy of something that can cause equal pain in general, not a bet he would like to make with RB!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

In the latest display of maturity by the two protagonists, Branson has accepted the bet. and I did find his riposte quite entertaining: “It seems a very painful and foolish thing for Willie Walsh to propose; but I would be happy to accept. We’ve got used to BA hitting below the belt over the years, but I’m confident it would be the other way around on this occasion.”

canucklad
    Participant

Love this sort of stuff!!

Gentleman , this should remind us all of 1 single fact of life.
    Women mature— Boys just get older

And these 2 boys toys are rather large and expensive.

And I propose the 2 of them take a leaf out of Herb Kehlers book and sort it out in the boxing ring!

Now where’s my Airfix kit!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

The problem for Willie Walsh is that Branson is far more skillful in this area, as illustrated by his riposte, as posted by Ian.

Fighting in the opponent’s area of strength is not particularly smart.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Indeed – don’t indulge in a battle of wit when you are unarmed (or half-armed, of course!)

stevescoots
    Participant

frankie goes to hollywood two tribes video anyone?

lloydah
    Participant

Is anyone other than me laughing as much at these replies as the actual wager?

canucklad
    Participant

Honest Crew….

(But I can’t help but think of the ‘Kicking Bishop Brennan up the …..’ scene from Father Ted, particularly with the Irish connection!)

Brilliant……I suppose you must also be thinking that Steve Ridgeway is Father Dougal !!

And i’ve been thinking…if pugilism offends, could they indulge in a round of golf 007 style!!

craigwatson
    Participant

DOS – It would’nt be illegal, if they both conset, nothing wrong with it, just look at cage fighting or UFC, people getting kneed in the groin all the time.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

craig

Licensed sports are exempt, in the same way that a surgeon can do a lot of damage when conducting an operation.

However, unlicensed sports and other activities (e.g. S&M practices) resulting in damage are consensual, but illegal.

I share this only for general interest and not in the context of this handbag waving.

You might be interested in….

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Brown

Papillion53
    Participant

The most sensible comment in this whole rather silly affair

Quote:

Canucklad – 12/12/2012 08:21 GMT

Gentleman , this should remind us all of 1 single fact of life.
    Women mature— Boys just get older

End quote

QUITE!!!! πŸ˜‰

canucklad
    Participant

Papillion…..talking from experience with the DH by any chance…:-)

The sad fact is, that I’m quite disappointed that I will have to wait 5 years to see the
    ” Battle of the Groins” …Booo

Maybe Sky Sports could hype it up……”Lets get ready to….”

Maybe in the interest of peace in our time…the Bearded wonder can pass on the same message to the parliamentary committee as wee Willie did.

That should get our politicians thinking!!

Papillion53
    Participant

Canucklad@12:18

Oh YES! LOL! Ask Mrs C the same question!!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Sounds like a clear case of jealously of the bearded one by all the above. LOL :o)

superchris
    Participant

Im going to hazard a guess that WW didnt use the word ‘groin’ when making this remark.

Honestly, anyone would think they are a pair of schoolkids rather than the captains of industry of which 10’s of thousands of people’s livelihoods depend, not to mention the British Economy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘A knee in the groin?!’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls