50 + pensioner and Very Proud

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Happy birthday Martyn.

I think Malaysia offers half price entrance to museums for the over 50’s.

Have a great day,
    Lugano.

PatJordan
    Participant

Happy Birthday Martyn,

hope you had a great day.

Pat

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thank you all very much for your good birthday wishes and advice for the 50 year + new pensioner.

Thank you also to the cards email card I recieved. I have had a fabulous birthday spent in:

Mahwah NJ with a superb meal at Harvest on the Hudson in Hastings. Went to Bear Mountain. Got caught out in the rain yesterday, but fortunately avoided the bears that were reported in the area near to the hotel. Highly recommend the restaurent.

Tomorrow I will be in Manhattan seeing my headmaster from 33 years ago.

What has this to do with the BT forum – who cares, I am 50 and loving every second.

I hope to provide further contributions specifically designed for the 50+. Cant wait to go to Malaysia to benefit from the 50% discount at museums. AARP already joined, thanks Rich.

Happy days and happy travelling.

npchuaMY
    Participant

Martyn & LP

I don’t think the 50% discount at museums in Malaysia is available to foreigners. Actually foreign visitors have to pay more (if not double) for entrance tickets at most of the parks or public attractions in Malaysia, including the zoo, bird park, butterfly park, cable car at Langkawi Island ….

Malaysia Airlines (MH) and KTM (national rail) are offering 50% discount to citizen above 55 years old for domestic travel. Discounted ticket has to be purchased from travel agents, MH offices or KTM offices. Sorry, all these benefits are not available to foreign visitors.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ah well, will just have to wait a few more years. Will be visiting KL in October on way back from New Zealand. Was there last July and loved the place.

Globalti
    Participant

Whatever you do, DON’T give your details to Saga. Their insurance is no cheaper and they will bombard you with mailshots until the day you shuffle off.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls