50 + pensioner and Very Proud

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

This weekend marks a transition in the Sinclair household, where I turn 50 and start drawing my pension (yes it can still be done below aged 55).

I have been looking to see what benefits there are for being 50 and a pensioner all at the same time.

The only one I could see so far is that I could benefit from SAGA. Does anyone else know whether there are any travel perks for a 50 year pensioner. Any TSA immigration Q jumping or 60B privileges. Perhaps the odd upgrade.

Even reduced subcription to BT……………………..

All suggestions welcome.

RichHI1
    Participant

You are eligible to join AARP which does have attendant discounts.

robsmith100
    Participant

You *may* be eligible to a free bus pass, be sure to check with your local council… 😉

Which day is actually your birthday?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks Rich, just joined at $16 per year. Saving the cost straight away with airport parking. Many thanks.

Rob, its on the 7th. I think the councils only give the free bus pass at 60.

PatJordan
    Participant

Hi Martyn,

I turned 50 last year and am quite happy. I often think of a line from Captain Picard (in a Star Trek movie) : there are more years behind than there are ahead.

Very true, but good to look back at the past half century and what we have achieved.

Incidentally Martyn, your birthday coincides with my mother’s.

Hope you have a great day Martyn!

Pat

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Pat – every day is a great day!

This weekend though, is going to be a fantastic weekend.

The next 50, bring them on, day by day and please G-d I can remember each and every one, with a great big smile!

NTarrant
    Participant

Sorry Martyn, you will have to wait until you are 65 for your bus pass. Rules have changed now and it is likely that by the time you reach 65 you will have to wait until 67!!

Happy Birthday

Travellator
    Participant

My Motto :

I am going to live forever !

So Far So Good !

robsmith100
    Participant

Martyn,

Happy Birthday !!!

Have a good one, and remember a birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip :o)

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Martyn,

Happy birthday – from HAWAII FIVE-O!

NTarrant
    Participant

Happy Birthday Martyn,

Have a great day, you are only as old as you feel!

RichHI1
    Participant

Many happy returns Martyn.
    Hope you are still soaking up the sunshine, best way to spend a birthday…

Stowage222
    Participant

If you get Saga involved in your life you will have to double the volume of your recycle bin! Alternatively use all their bumf to subsidise your heating bill in winter – every day a new supply of fuel.

Happy Birthday.

Binman62
    Participant

Many happy returns from the younger generation! Not 50 till next year!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls