50% Off Club Europe to Barcelona and Paris

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Binman62: You are not alone in noticing a gradual decline in standard with BA CE over the last 10 years. As I am not from Europe I have no reason to support or bash BA but only stating a true fact.

The Barcelona flght/hotel package seen fantastic as I have not been there for a long time and this is certainly a strong incentive to do so now!

Hippocampus
    Participant

How can BA describe any CE catering, let alone the meagre Extended Breakfast and Afternoon Tea as “exquisite dining”?!

Potakas
    Participant

Nigel I see your point,

I am ware of that but my understanding is that it the extra miles work like promotion.

Same case, if you book your flight and then your hotel, you will not get the price that they have on offer.

EDIT TO ADD

*A holiday is a flight and hotel or flight and car booked together as a package, using the book together and save function.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes, it works like a promotion and you have to book both elements simultaneously:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/ecptnrholidays/public/en_gb

Class of travel Bonus BA Miles
    First 10,000
    CW 10,000
    WTP 5,000
    WT 5,000
    CE 5,000
    ET 1,000

—-

Even the most stalwart supporter of CE food would struggle to describe it as “exquisite”. Obviously the copy was written by a moron.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“So no loss of any “facilities” for BAEC members if booking during opening hours.”

So, if one looks at this through a non biased lens, one cannot MMB etc. through the web site and one cannot get anyone out of BA Holidays hours.

Yes/no Vintage Krug?

VintageKrug
    Participant

There’s no suggestion you can’t MMB through the website, including checking in and changing seats when booking via BA Holidays.

You can’t change a BA flight only booking outside the hours of your local callcentre, so again, no change from a regular booking.

So there’s no “loss of functionality” as neither of the points you make are any different from a regular booking, and neither have a dependency on membership of the BAEC.

NTarrant
    Participant

Panagiotis – when we did our Orlando trip, BA produced a “USA & Canada” brochure, don’t know if they do now, but all the elements in the brochure such as car hire, coach tours, hotel accomodation was priced seperately without flights and a guide to prices for flights was shown at the back.

The exec club blurb said that you got x number of miles per pound when booking a BA Holidays, so essentially I did but not all at the same time.

In the case of the hotel in HKG that was booked off of ba.com. Yet if you book car parking at LGW through ba.com you get miles for it!

I have to agree that “exquisit” is not a word I would use to descibe the food on CE. A Ceasar salad is far from exquisit!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls